Dish Network 121 Satellite

mikeg1906

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
NW of PA
I know the 121 and 105 Satellite for Dish Network are FSS KU band Satellite. I have a camp with a slave set up there and my house with 2 Rec. I know I can get 1 super dish for 50.00 But I need 2 super Dishes and Dish want 200. dollars for the 2nd one. I have got a KU LNBF FTA that will go on my 3ft dish. I also got DP 34 switch. I know dish Network says you can't get the 121 or 105 satellite with a 2nd dish. But I don't see way that is. I can get all the other satellites 61.5,110,119 with a single dish. I have tried it and no luck YET. I have been installing c-Band and KU on C-Band and also Dish Network and Direct for 19 years. I know KU is more harder to find but this is not my 1st time doing it. I have a meter and I got a satellite with my KU LNBF and 3 ft dish but I hook it to my DP 34 switch and goto my DP510 Rec. I put my dish 500 on 1 and 2 input and my KU on 3rd input. and then run switch check I know my dish 500 is all set up right. But after running switch check it finds the DP 34 switch but it doesn't find any satellite.. My dish 500 are using non DP LNBF dish says it should work with dp 34 switch. But I need to get a DP LNBF and put it on my 500 dish and try it again. I have DP-LNBF later today. But has ANYONE got the 105 or 121 satellite with a 2nd dish up and running yet? I also need to try a sw 64 switch which I KNOW it will work on NON-DP LNBF and that switch will take 3 satellites. When someone tells me it is not will not work I go out of my way to prove them wrong. I not to bad with me for the price because I can get or have most parts sitting around here.

Ya I seen them on ebay. It is not mostly about the money I just got started on it and Dish says it can't be done and there is no reason that I can see why it can't been done. I'll have more time and most likely more dollar spent when done, but when someone say it can't be done. I try to prove them wrong LOL...

Mike
welcome to the forum :wave

-yes you can have a separate dish for 121 or 105...I did that originally when my locals were planned to be on 105 (they squeezed them on 110)
-the LNB is Legacy, which will only work on legacy setups
-You cannot mix Legacy & DishPro, so the DP34 won't work on it
-If the KU band LNB only has one output and you are putting it to a SW64, put it on what polarity your locals are on.
-If only one receiver, use a Dish500 Legacy twin and a SW21 to combine them. Thats what I originally did.

I have got a KU LNBF FTA that will go on my 3ft dish. I also got DP 34 switch. I know dish Network says you can't get the 121 or 105 satellite with a 2nd dish.
They probably think using a Dish300 because people say "Can I get 121 with an 18" dish
I can get all the other satellites 61.5,110,119 with a single dish. I have tried it and no luck YET.
you won't get 61.5 & 110/119 on one dish. The spread is too far to work.
I have been installing c-Band and KU on C-Band and also Dish Network and Direct for 19 years. I know KU is more harder to find but this is not my 1st time doing it. I have a meter and I got a satellite with my KU LNBF and 3 ft dish but I hook it to my DP 34 switch and goto my DP510 Rec. I put my dish 500 on 1 and 2 input and my KU on 3rd input. and then run switch check I know my dish 500 is all set up right. But after running switch check it finds the DP 34 switch but it doesn't find any satellite..
you cannot mix DishPro & Legacy
My dish 500 are using non DP LNBF dish says it should work with dp 34 switch. But I need to get a DP LNBF and put it on my 500 dish and try it again.
see above answer...you cannot mix Legacy and DIshPro
I have DP-LNBF later today. But has ANYONE got the 105 or 121 satellite with a 2nd dish up and running yet?
I have.....30" dish and Legacy setup with a SW21
I also need to try a sw 64 switch which I KNOW it will work on NON-DP LNBF and that switch will take 3 satellites. When someone tells me it is not will not work I go out of my way to prove them wrong. I not to bad with me for the price because I can get or have most parts sitting around here.
I like your theory...when they tell you know, you try to prove them wrong :D

when useing sw-21 what are you doing useing 2 of them the 1st one for 119 and 110 the take that wire and goto 2nd sw 21 switch and put the 121 on the 2nd input then goto the rec. becouse I got 3 satelite need to get 110,119,121.

ah crap...didnt know you had 2 separate dishes for 110 & 119...I use a Legacy Twin

The only way to do that is to combine the 110 & 119 with a SW21x (Mixroyal makes them) or a SW42 (no longer around), then use a SW21

You can't use 2 SW21's together...but a SW21x and a SW21 will work :)

on the Dish500, are there 2 separate LNB's or one big one?
2 separate...either a single or dual...need the SW21x and SW21 option
one big one-Twin....just one SW21

ok i see what you are saying. I need to find my power suppy for my sw-42 I know I got it just need to find it LOL..... Then I'll hook it up and it should work. But why can't I just hook up the 121 wire straight to the rec and get it that way. just so I can get the dish set up. or just use the sw 21 switch for 119 and 121 for now. untill I find the rest of the parts for my sw 42......

ok, thanks you for your help iceberg. I'll go looking for my power supply for sw64 switch and give it a try.

does the KU band have one output or two?

Which locals are you trying to get (just making sure the polarity is right) :)

mikeg1906 said:
I have a sw42 switch but it is just 2 sw 21 switchs in one

The SW42 is NOT 2 SW21s. It actually uses the same switching as the 500Twin, not the SW21. That is why you can cascade a 500Twin or an SW42 with an SW21, but not a 500Twin with an SW42.

I have a dish 500 with duals and a 76cm Winguard with a dual fss lnb connected to a SW64 switch. It's been working trouble free since Sept 2004.

Just want to confirm that:
1:
No seperate dish can be added to existing dishpro500 to get 105 or 121 except
superdish which is basically a dishpro500 + FSS stacked LNB.

2:
Only Legacy dish 500 can be joined by sw64 with a 30' "big" dish with standard FSS LNB to get 105 or 121.

Did I miss anything here?

--Librajak

Iceberg said:
-If only one receiver, use a Dish500 Legacy twin and a SW21 to combine them. Thats what I originally did.

Iceberg, please shed some lights here.

I have a Ku dish, Ku linear LNB and a DMT-1050 (FTA) receiver. There is an unencrypted Chinese channel on Echostar 121, that's why I am trying to lock the signal on that bird.

However, after several nights of trying, I still haven't been able to get a sniff of the signal.

When I try transponder 2 or some other horizontal transponder, it says that I am getting a very strong signal, but in reality it's the signal of 119. How the h*ll that I get the 119 signal when I am using a Ku linear polarity LNB (with base frequency = 10750), I don't know.

So, when you tried your setup, did you try to lock the 121 signal on a 30" dish separately? If so, did your MPEG2/FTA receiver ever show you the 119 signal mistaken it's 121?

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)