Dish Network 318 receiver - problematic history?

Stany

Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
Hi,
I'm a new subscriber to Dish Network and it's unfortunately not going so well. I have two TVs hooked up to a VIP622 DVR which is mostly okay, although I was watching a movie last night that I had recorded and the picture kept getting digi on me. Real problem is my 318 receiver which hasn't recognized the satellite since the day after it was installed. Tech came out last week (after a no-show the day before) and couldn't get the 318 to work. He told me to call and request a 301 or 311 receiver. I did but was sent another 318. Today was told they cannot send 301s or 311s out because they've been replaced by 318s. Supervisor said he's never heard of any problems with the 318s and they're making me jump through hoops to get the 301. Meanwhile, have tried to hook up the new 318 and 30 minutes later it's not progressing off of the PointDish/Signal screen.
I can't find postings here about issues with 318--are there any? Did the tech tell me the truth or is the customer service rep telling me the truth?
Sorry for the long post!
Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)