Dish Network 322 Receiver dialout over vonage

bandoul

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 13, 2005
Has anyone successfully completed a dish network receiver dialout over a Vonage (VoIP) connection? Can this be done? No help whatsoever from either Vonage or Dish Network. Is it possible I am the only one in this predicament? Please help.

I have a 322 and Vonage and I assume it calls out successfully. I have never gotten the warning about not having a phone line or been penalized from Dish for not being connected.

If you are trying to download you statement information, it probably won't work.

It works for pay per view, though.

Thank you for your quick reply. I assumed that it would not work because it would not complete the "Dial Out" procedure under the Diagnostics menu (Navigate to menu option 6 then 3). All I am trying to do is avoid the $5 access fee. Are you then saying it will work for this purpose regardless of whether or not the "Dial Out" procedure completes successfully? The weird thing is that the test for dial tone is successful and caller ID flashes across the TV screen for inboud calls.

bandoul said:
Thank you for your quick reply. I assumed that it would not work because it would not complete the "Dial Out" procedure under the Diagnostics menu (Navigate to menu option 6 then 3). All I am trying to do is avoid the $5 access fee. Are you then saying it will work for this purpose regardless of whether or not the "Dial Out" procedure completes successfully? The weird thing is that the test for dial tone is successful and caller ID flashes across the TV screen for inboud calls.

Go online at Vonage and check your outgoing call record. If it's successfully dialing out, you should see some calls to a toll free number that you don't recognize.

Another interested party

Please post if your 322 is in fact able to dial out with Vonage-- have been contemplating switching to Vonage (with DISH) as well. Interested to hear if it works and to what extent. Thanks!

I have had Vonage longer than I have had Dish. I have a 522 and a 322 both connected to the Vonage adapter. I do pay per views that appear on my monthly statement. The only time I get warnings about the phone line being connected is when I accidently unplug something. I plug everything back in and the warnings go away.

Caller ID usually works.

All I can say is it works for me. Your mileage may vary.

p.s. I have a Motorola adapter from Vonage (about 1.5 years old).

Well I found another thread on the Vonage Forum that mentions the use of *99 in the prefix field of the dialout configuration. Unfortunately I don't see a visible means to invoke the * symbol from the remote control to populate that field on the 322 receiver. Does anyone know how to do this?

I also had a Dish Network agent tell me that they won't waive the access fee because they are unable to complete the dialout procedure remotely. This is a big problem and I would I appreciate anyone's help. As of today, at least for me, the combination of Vonage and Dish 322 (dual tuner) is a no win.

I have Vonage with the Linksys adapter... 510 and 301 both work fine for dial-outs, customer service, ppv ordering, and caller id... I didnt have to configure anything... just plugged in and it works

If you have an RT31P2 with 1.30 or higher firmware, it should work just fine. If your RT31P2 doesn't have that version or higher, reboot it and it should hopefully download it :)

The RTP300s have no problems out of the box, out here I'm using dual 322s with vonage, works just fine (and the caller ID stuff comes up too :) )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts