Dish Network 622 TV2 Remote Questions

bikeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
Gibraltar Michigan
Hi

I'm wondering if i possibly could get my Dishnetwork TV2 622 remote to control the following devices without having to use the original devices.

Television--Mitsubshi WS-55315
DVD Player-Panasonic S52 DVD player
VHS/DVD Combo Player-Panasonic PVD4743S(I think is the model)
and JVC Audio Reveiver--RK6018K

Any Help is appreciated in this matter? or is it best to call the manufactuers of each device, and find out if i can do that, Would the Dish DVR manual have the codes in it? I did try all the tv codes, and none worked though, unless there is newer codes i am not aware of

Thank you all in advance

Device codes are in your user's manual. For your tv, try scanning...also in your manual.

Yes, you need to search the manual for remote codes and just try each one. Based on personal experience, it's unlikely you will find a code that enables the remote to do everything you want - particullarly for a more complex device like the VHS/DVD Combo. I would guess there's a pretty good chance for something like the JVC Receiver that you'll at least find a code that allows you to power on/off and adjust the volume.
If you find one code that works, but doesn't do all of the functions you want, try some other codes for the same brand to see if you get different response. On my LG TV, two different codes will allow me to control the power and the volume. One of those codes allows me to change the format of the picture (16:9 vs 4:3, etc.) and the other code allows me to select the input on the TV - but there is no code that enables buttons to do both.
Dish is supposed to be coming out with a learning remote soon, but of course you would need the original remote to make that work.

I Do have the Original remotes to all the devices, just getting tired of having to find the right remote at nightime when i switch inputs, or something. I'll try the manual and all that

Buy the new 20.0 or 21.0 remote from Dish. It has many more codes or can learn from your existing remotes.

Well Got the TV working, JVC Receiver i scanner, DVD Player, and DVD Recorder and VHS/DVD Combo Player No Go as yet, but even having the tv programmed and working is fine for me, i didn't really expect them all to work.

Though when the new Dish Learning remote is available might get that one depending on the price of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts