Dish network 625

rubber101

Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Chicago
I recently purchased a new 625 from ebay. I have two existing 3900 and would like to replace one of them with the new 625. Need to use onlt one tv from 625.
So far I have made attempts 5 times to hook it up with dish network, some were technicians and senior tecnicios each one had a different approach and finally the answer was a technician would have to come to my home at the cost of $100.

I personally think this may be a matter of just replacing the LNB to dish pro.
I am not sure if I will be able to use the other 3900 if I go to dish pro LNB and do I have to run two cables to the 625 although I need to use only one TV?

Thanks for your help

DISH has 3 types of LNBs.
Legacy LNBs work with all DISH Network receivers.

Dish Pro LNBs do not work with Legacy receivers but offer advanced tuning supported by Dish Pro receivers.

Dish Pro Plus technology, The Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB is the only LNB in this lineup but there are also switches that support this technology. DPP allows a two tuner receiver to be fed with a single coax cable and use a separator to feed both tuners. DPP works with both Dish Pro receivers and Legacy. With a DPP Twin one line to your 625 and one line to your 3900 will have both receivers working correctly.

I would like to thank all of you for good input. I will get the DPP.

Couple of questions. Is Legacy LNB the oldest? I am assuming that is what I have, and as boba states that legacy works with all dish network receivers, why didn't it work for me?

Once again thank you all.

Dish Pro Plus technology, The Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB is the only LNB in this lineup but there are also switches that support this technology.
just a slight correction... the 1000.2 and 1000.4 units also are DishPro Plus (but would be less applicable to the situation at hand).

Couple of questions. Is Legacy LNB the oldest?
Yes, Legacy is the oldest. Of course it wasn't called Legacy until the new stuff was introduced. It was just a "Dish LNBF"
I am assuming that is what I have, and as boba states that legacy works with all dish network receivers, why didn't it work for me?
Because with anything other than DPP you have to have two lines to that receiver, one for each tuner, even if you are only going to use one of the outputs. If you were trying to run it with just one tuner connected, that is asking for trouble.

you only use a dp adapter on the 3900 if you use a dish pro lnb. it is not needed on a dish pro plus lnb. keep in mind that if you use a 3900 with a dish pro plus lnb you also need at least one dish pro, or plus receiver in the system and plugged in or it may not work correctly.

I dont get it here....why dont you call Dish and set up escist install for $ 15.00 with SP, and they hook you up!

I dont get it here....why dont you call Dish and set up escist install for $ 15.00 with SP, and they hook you up!

Two reasons. One we like doing things ourselves. Two because it is a customer caused problem they will schedule a service install not a service call and charge him $99.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)