DISH Network Adds Zone Vision's Reality TV Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Reality TV Will Offer Premiere and First-Run Reality Programming from the U.S. and Around the World
LONDON and LITTLETON, Colo., Sep 22, 2003 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Zone Vision Enterprises, an international media company based in London, England, and EchoStar Communications Corporation today announced that DISH Network(TM) will add Reality TV to its America's Top 150 programming package before the end of the year.

Building off the success of its Reality TV channels distributed throughout Europe, the UK, Africa, Asia-Pacific, India and Latin America, the new Reality TV channel will feature, first-run reality series, classic reality series and U.S. premieres of reality programming from around the world.

Reality TV will feature original television productions and television series produced exclusively for this channel. Currently, Zone Vision has programming agreements with such international distributors as CBS, GRB Entertainment, RDF Media, BBC Worldwide and Rive Gauche International Television.

"DISH Network is excited to be the first distributor of Reality TV in the U.S.," said Michael Schwimmer, senior vice president of programming for DISH Network. "We are certain our subscribers will enjoy a full-time channel dedicated to the growing popularity of the reality television genre."

Reality television has taken many forms in the past few years, but Reality TV's programming focus is on capturing real life drama as it actually happens. The channel documents everyday life from the breathtaking to the bizarre, providing insights into the experience of everyday people. Through footage captured on the spot, Reality TV takes viewers to the front lines of police units, emergency medical staff and rescue teams around the world. Outlandish home videos that provide lighter moments and in-depth investigations broaden the channel's overall programming mix.

Read the rest at http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=dish&script=410&layout=-6&item_id=451140

Remember where you read it first. :D

While I had not heard of this channel before, it actually sounds like one that I would watch! I wonder if it will show some of the "racier" reality shows (like "Big Brother" in Africa that apparently had a lot of nudity)? Regardless, it's nice to get a new non-HD channel. Now if we can get Trio I'd be really happy.

This just goes to show Michael Schwimmer is a better negotiator for forigen channels (and Soccer and Cricket) then he is for main stream American Channels.

While this channel sounds interesting, there are stilla few US channels I would love to have on Dish (and even my cable company carries them!)

Come on Michael!

Scott Greczkowski said:
This just goes to show Michael Schwimmer is a better negotiator for forigen channels (and Soccer and Cricket) then he is for main stream American Channels.

While this channel sounds interesting, there are stilla few US channels I would love to have on Dish (and even my cable company carries them!)

Come on Michael!

Actually, I think that means foreign channels are more desperate for paying viewers than domestic channels. In very few other parts of the world will people pay $50, $75, or even $100+ a month for a bunch of TV channels no one watches.....

I have heard this channel being metioned a while back and now it seems to becoming a ''reality''.

Its a wonder that they dont have a Talk Show Channel out by now as many as there are.

Stargazer,

You must have forgotten "America's Talking" Channel. It was eventually transformed to MSNBC. It had even more dismal ratings and Distribution in its old encarnation than it does now. :)

See ya
Tony

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

They put on a fad channel which will be out of business in 2 years, instead on a quality channel like Ovation, Good Life, Trio or PBS Kids.

I really wonder what Dish thinks sometimes. They complain about bandwith but then add an english version of GOL TV and now Reality TV?

I bet the phone lines will be jammed with the millions of people upgrading to AT 150 for this channel.

I bet this channel is paying DISH for it to be carried and not the other way around.

While I think I may like this channel (I hope they have Big Brother from other countries) at the same time I would like Trio and PBS Kids. :D

mwgiii said:
I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

I really wonder what Dish thinks sometimes. They complain about bandwith but then add an english version of GOL TV and now Reality TV?
Well, I think that when they put on GOL-TV they thought......,"Let's see if we can make AndyMon happy". You know what? They succeeded! I like when they make me happy. 8)

Dish may be wanting to add this reality channel instead of some of the other channels people are requesting because it would be something different that other providers do not have.

I would like to see Ovation, Goolife, Trio, etc. to be added to Dish Network as well. I would think that these channels would not cost that much to carry. Charlie has already said that PBS Kids wanted too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)