Dish Network Antenna Compatability

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ok. I'm a novice when it comes to satellite television, is there a disadvantage to only tuning to one satellite? Will I still be able to view all the programming I subscribe to?

Pretty much everyone has to see 110 and 119. If that has all the channels, then a regular dish500 with any kind of dual lnbfs will work.

If your local channels are on 61.5 or 148 then you need a second dish (300 or 500) with a single lnbf on it pointed at the correct satellite.

If your locals are on 105 or 129, then you need a superdish only (no dish 500 or anything else).

If you want (or ever want) more than one receiver, then you may need specific lnbf's and/or switches (superdish has a switch - dp34).

Without more specific info from you (like what satellite your locals are on, or your zip code) that's about all the info I can give at this time.

ajohnson- Thanks for taking the time to reply so thoughly. I going to buy a 311 setup from Radio Shack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)