DISH Network at CES Unveiled

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network was a CES Unveiled last night in New York City. They won an award for their new Tailgater and looks like they had a great time!

I went a few times and the show was always dull, but if I would have known Joe Clayton was going to be there I would have went!

Here is a video recap of the DISH booth.

Last edited:
Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
It's XIP but its more...

I am hearing they are aiming to change how the satellite business works...

skyviewmark

skyviewmark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 29, 2006
Bay Minette, Al
Every CES or Team Summit, the next great product for Dish is unvieled.. Unfortunately this product seems to disapear into the great unknown.. Still waiting for the Sling Extender Box anyone??

nelson61

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
Looked at the video and saw why they made him the chief. Wow, what a great salesman

whitewolf8214

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
Every CES or Team Summit, the next great product for Dish is unvieled.. Unfortunately this product seems to disapear into the great unknown.. Still waiting for the Sling Extender Box anyone??
ive been waiting for the sling extender too but soon or never i guess :D :)

D

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2006
XiP for NEW subs, probably. The question is when will the XiP's be available for current subscribers?

Scherrman

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
The xip will be available to existing customers for a price but they usually do not make the new receivers available to existing customers right away. They roll the new recievers out to the new customers first then start allowing existing customers to upgrade to them. Maybe they will handle it differently this time.

MikeD-C05

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
I saw nothing in that video that hasn't already been talked about or shown already. I am surprised they didn't show the Xip whole house dvr though. I would of loved to have seen a working sling extender that would be available this damn year!

N

nbt6sas

May 12, 2008
Richmond, VA
I saw nothing in that video that hasn't already been talked about or shown already. I am surprised they didn't show the Xip whole house dvr though. I would of loved to have seen a working sling extender that would be available this damn year!

Preach it Brother