Dish network called me a thief and cant live in a 2 floor house!

The receivers if they are leased but if you buy your own lnb I am wondering if they would try to say that it was leased too.

This is ridiculous. So what if he lives in a duplex.
3 receivers is easy to justify on an account, especially if you have kids.
Living Room
Master Bedroom
Kids Room

Easy to justify 3 receivers on a 2-bedroom home.

This is ridiculous. So what if he lives in a duplex.
3 receivers is easy to justify on an account, especially if you have kids.
Living Room
Master Bedroom
Kids Room

Easy to justify 3 receivers on a 2-bedroom home.

I agree on this.

People are stuck on the fact he said it is a "2-family house." He NEVER said he was living in both addresses. In fact he only said his family is occupying the basement & 1st Floor, which is only 1 of the 2 addresses located at that location. We have a lot of these in our area. 1 address is the basement/1st Floor, and the 2nd address is the 2nd Floor/Finished attic, so that both addresses essentially have 2 floors.

He even said that 1 receiver is in the basement "living room" and the other 2 are on the main floor of the living area.

Who knows who is living upstairs. If all 3 of the receivers are contained in the 1 address, and Dish is not willing to see it with their own eyes, I don't blame the OP for dumping Dish.

Wat exactly does d audit team look for

First, D* is for DirectTV and E* is for EchoStar (DishNetwork)

Here's how an audit will go.

Dish will call you. They will ask you to push the system info button and read the numbers displayed on all the receivers on your account.

The location ID changes every ten minutes (at :10, :20, :30, ect.)

The location ID is a logarithm based on the receiver number and the Date/Time. They know what it's supposed to be. Unless you can crack the logarithm they use, you will not know what the location id should be.

They use amplified headsets to hear everything going on, ie; you using a cell phone to ask someone else the numbers, or texting the numbers ect. If they hear any funny business, you will fail. So that means that even if you are standing in front of the receiver/TV but have to ask someone else to read the numbers you will probably fail.

If you're not home when they call, after a few attempts, they will shut off all but the main receiver on your account.

If they call and you answer when the receivers are in two different places, you're screwed.

Last edited:
And Dish Network will continue to lose subscribers because of this. Thank goodness there is another choice in case you have severe problems with the audit nazi's (Directv).

And Dish Network will continue to lose subscribers because of this. Thank goodness there is another choice in case you have severe problems with the audit nazi's (Directv).

One of the reasons I'm now a happy $100+/month Directv sub.

All of these "little" things can really add up to Dish's bottom line and I don't understand why they ignore that. I don't see how auditing can add to it when they are pissing off good customers with these disrespectful little a-holes in their audit dept.

My money goes to a company that treats me like they want me.

But they dont want HIS money. They must consider too many people a liability since they are auditing them. One should be treated like a customer, not like a thief/liability.

The location ID is a logarithm based on the receiver number and the Date/Time. They know what it's supposed to be. Unless you can crack the logarithm they use, you will not know what the location id should be.

Nice butchering of the English language. The word you're looking for is "algorithm".

Nice butchering of the English language. The word you're looking for is "algorithm".

WRONG...

Though logarithms have been traditionally thought of as arithmetic sequences of numbers corresponding to geometric sequences of other (positive real) numbers, as in the 1797 Britannica definition, they are also the result of applying an analytic function. The function can therefore be meaningfully extended to complex numbers.

The function logb(x) depends on both b and x, but the term logarithm function (or logarithmic function) in standard usage refers to a function of the form logb(x) in which the base b is fixed and so the only argument is x. Thus there is one logarithm function for each value of the base b (which must be positive and must differ from 1). Viewed in this way, the base-b logarithm function is the inverse function of the exponential function bx. The word "logarithm" is often used to refer to a logarithm function itself as well as to particular values of this function.

Friend of mine had the audit team call him for his two receivers. He was a customer for 8 or 9 months and had one hooked up to a phone line. The other was in his daughters bedroom. Anyway, they call him up he reads off all the required ID's and then they want a utility bill faxed! This was strange but he complied and he blacked out his account number for obvious reasons. They said they need the account number. At this point he got pissed off and tired of the Big Brother approach and told them to pound salt (in a nice way) they're not getting it. Nazi replied "we need it to verify you live there" He explained due to privacy laws no one will give you any info in todays climate and the Nazi replied "we have our ways" He said forget it and cancelled his account. Nazi said "OK sir" and shut him down.

I spoke to him at length about it and for him it was the principle of the issue. He could have given him the account but why should he when he pays his bill and it was clearly obvious all the receivers were in his house. This isn't a Police state that Dishnetwork controls. I've never heard of a company try so hard to piss off and lose good paying customers.

Sadly for Dishnetwork, DirectTV is doing his install tomorrow.

I understand their purpose but what are they going to want next? Your first born?

"Hi Mr. Smith, this is the Dishnetwork audit team calling. We need to verify your receiver numbers and other meaningless numbers. Ok Mr. Smith all those numbers match our records. Please fax us your phone bill, utility bill, credit card statements, your mortgage papers and you might as well include your most recent haircut receipt. I also understand you have a 3 month old baby boy. Yes Mr. Smith you'll need to overnight your baby boy to us. Once we receive the required documents and your child, you will have your programing turned on immediately.

If all of that story is true, then that is ridiculous. I can't believe they audited someone with only two receivers. I have had up to three and never a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)