Dish network connection question

Trinads

Original poster
Apr 23, 2016
Northern California
I have a brand new pioneer elite sc95 AV Reciever which is connected to my Panasonic tv via HDMI. The dish satellite box (not a hopper box) was just replaced by a technician this week. Basically I'm getting no video only audio. When I connect the dish box directly to the tv it works fine. But when going through the Reciever I get no video. It has worked a couple times but that's it. I've exchanged the Reciever for a new one. So it's not the Reciever. Plus every other HDMI input like Xbox and bluray work fine. I've switched 3 different HDMI cables. Is it possible the dish network box is defective? My Reciever allows HDMI pass through while turned off, it won't even pass the video when turned off. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

The model number is: VIP612 DVR. I Have tried all the inputs on the tv and the Reciever. It's not the Reciever it has to be the dish box. If I reset the box it sometimes will work, but not for long. It stops outputting video. I was just wondering if there's a setting that I'm missing or something

I don't have your audio receiver but I can tell you the 612 has no problem going through an Audio receiver. And if the DISH receiver works directly to the TV obviously the DISH receiver is working correctly.
Make sure the selection on the audio receiver matches where you have the DISH receiver coming into it for video.

Maybe the AVR doesn't pass HDCP?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandwidth_Digital_Content_Protection

How old is the AVR? Do a google search for that model number and HDCP and see if others have the same problem.

I looked it up-

This Pioneer Elite SC-95 A/V receiver features Class D3 amplification for lush, powerful audio. Includes HDMI 4K Ultra HD and 3D pass-through technologies for compatibility with 3D TVs, Blu-ray players and gaming consoles and 4K Ultra HD TVs.

Should pass with no problem, he should try a different video device on the same input on the receiver like a Roku or BR player, if he gets a picture on the TV then bad 612, if no picture then bad receiver.

1. Dish receiver was recently replaced, did the first one work through the AV system?
2. You said you tried different HDMI cables, but did you try changing the main one from the AV receiver to the TV. That other things work doesn't mean there isn't a problem with it.
3. Change the HDMI resolution on the DISH receiver from whatever it is on, to 480I, try it, then 720P, try it. Working or not at that point go back to 1080I and try it.

Thank you for your responses. The Reciever I bought is brand new (a week old) there's a huge forum on this Reciever in AVS forums. I'm the only one having this issue. I have returned and exchanged the Reciever already. With the old dish Reciever that I had connected for about 2 days b4 it was switched out to the newer dish Reciever it was working fine through the AV Reciever.

I have changed the inputs and everything I have (Xbox one, MacBook via HDMI) all work. Just the dish Reciever, regardless of which HDMI input I use on the Reciever will pass audio only. No video. It has worked on occasion (5% of the time) but will lose video. I get a message on screen from the pioneer Reciever that there is no input.

I have changed all my HDMI cables. (All version1.4) including the one to the tv. I actually ordered more HDMI cables from Amazon just to triple check that it's not the HDMI cable. The cables should be here tomorrow for me to try. I plan on calling dish tomorrow to see if maybe they can just switch the box out but when I called last week they were insistent that it was my pioneer Reciever (which I exchanged at the store for a new one).

Just for the back story, my wife's grandfather passed away, so we moved in with her grandmother who needs 24 hour care (she's 90). So, I moved from San Diego to a 200 acre peach farm in northern Cali. I can't get internet here. So hopper is out of the question. Trust me, ive called every internet provider in a 50 mile radius and not one can provide service here. I do use a 4g mifi box (limited to 10g) so no streaming for me right now. The dish network setup here at the house hasn't been changed in over a decade. And we received a letter saying 2 of the 3 boxes here will be obsolete next month. So I decided to call dish, and in the process they upgraded everything to HD (satellite & boxes). In long that's why I have a new dish box.

I have not tried the setting the different resolutions. I will try that in the morning and report back. When the dish tech was here installing everything he connected it to my Reciever. Of course everything worked perfectly but literally right after he left video dropped out. Lol that's my luck...

Have you read the Pioneer receiver's manual..?

If not, I highly suggest you do...

You probably have to assign the hdmi input in the Pioneer's setup menu, to the correct input, so that it outputs the correct signal...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)