DISH Network Customer Support Online Chat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GreeneDish

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
Central VA
While I would normally come here and contact a DIRT member with a issue, I decided to try the Chat help on the DISH site.
I was connected with "Jackson" who was not only a pleasure to work with but was able to help with my Online ID issue and Blockbuster/Platinum package change over.
I would not start using the Chat feature over this site but it is a major step up from calling in.
If your issue it not too complex I would give it a try.
My hat is off to DISH for giving us one more way to get assistance.
FYI, I have a bundled account through Century Link and all I needed for assistance was my phone number and PIN.

I have always found Chat CSRs as being the best way to resolve issues. I avoid phone CSRs like the plague. I have no idea why there is such a disparity between the two sources of customer service. DIRT is # 1 with Chat close behind. The live phone folks should work for the IRS.

While I would agree with your ranking, it ended up being less promising than I had thought.
Fortunately, the problem was not so much the CSR's as DISH information processing.
When contacting them, I used the Bundled link and the first CSR was in my account when assisting me.
He said there was no issue and he canceled my Platinum service and started me on the Blockbuster plan.
However, when I went online to finish the setup it would not work. There were no links to Blockbuster like there should have been.
Went back to the Chat and explained my problem.
This CSR was not able to set up Blockbuster for me either so he elevated me to the next level.
When the next CSR came on she looked at my account and "discovered" it was a bundled account and was not eligible for Blockbuster.
Well that was disappointing but OK I said, just restore my Platinum service so I do not lose any channels.
Not possible she said. Now that Blockbuster is available there is no Platinum service available and since I requested the disconnection I could not restore it.
I raised the B.S. flag at this point reminding her that I only dropped it because DISH said I could get Blockbuster.
Well she "investigated" my account further and was able to restore my service after all.
Bottom line:
DISH + CenturyLink + Blockbuster = Fail.
DISH communication to their CSR's = Fail.
DISH Chat CSR's = Success. They did the best they could and took the steps needed to try and satisfy their customer.

Chat unavailable?

I am try customer support chat for past one week. It is always showing "Chat service is temporarily unavailable". Is this a issue with my PC or is the chat down?
xxx/customerservice/contactus/live_chat/default.aspx

I am try customer support chat for past one week. It is always showing "Chat service is temporarily unavailable". Is this a issue with my PC or is the chat down?
xxx/customerservice/contactus/live_chat/default.aspx

I was able to pull up the option here at work. It seems like it maybe something with your PC. What browser are you using? Also if there is something you need help with let me know.

I would try checking back later. Otherwise if you need help one of the DIRT members on here can help you just the same.

Thanks you. I already have a DIRT member helping me. Looks like you guys are on top of everything.

Hello.im a dish customer.Lost complete signal for 15 min.No obstrutions,clear day.Its back on now.Just wanted to know what happen? Sloar flares maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)