Hopper recording question

nuttz565

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
colorado
Hey guys I just had my Hopper installed yesterday and Ive really been enjoying the feature set it has! Now I do have one question about how it records compared to how my Genie did. So here is my question- With *D if I was watching a program and say halfway through I hit the record button it would automatically record it from the beginning of the program or when I first started watching it if I tuned in after it started. Now with the Hopper the only way I have been able to accomplish this is to manually skip back to the beginning of the program, hit record and then hit the live tv button. This seems like a workaround and hopefully Im missing something here. Thanks guys!

That's the way it works. I suppose, some day, Hopper will work like its predecessors which recorded from the beginning automatically. That is, provided you were on that channel to begin with.

I was hoping maybe at least there was a option that allowed you to record from the beginning, seems like something *E should be able to do. Oh well, I''l just have to train the wife on how to do it:)

If you were on the channel at the beginning of the program just press the record button and the show will record from the beginning.

That is unless you are past the limit of the buffer (one hour), then it records the buffer content plus all future content of that program.

I like how the ViP series receivers handle recording. Hit record, and you immediately get a menu with the default option being "record remainder of event" but you could select other options of "record entire event", "extend end time", "stop recording manually" and "create recurring timer." I like being able to rewind back to the starting point of when I want the recording to start, as sometimes "record entire event" cuts off the beginning if the program started earlier then the guide time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)