Dish Network deal : $1000 shooping spree

Koolbuyer

Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
Does anyone one know what this deal is about.
They will give either a DVD player ($10 S & H), or a $1000 shopping spree certificates.
Does anyone have any idea which websites are part of the $1000 shopping spree deal. What are the dollar amount for the credits by the websites.
Looks lucrative, but how does it sit with a $50 DVD player. :confused:
Replies will be really appreciated.

Never heard of it, nor it is a promotion that Dish Network themselves is promoting, instead it sounds like an independed retailer.

If you had your choice of a DVD player or $1000 certificates which would you take.

Remember the old rule, if it sounds to good to be true then it usually is. :D

Wow I can finally help someone!

I read on this deal once before. The "$1000 shopping spree" is like those little offers you get with your credit card bill, where an item is free with just a small "shipping and handling charge" and in most cases the item is worth less than that charge. Supposedly, you can get $1000 worth of items and only pay those "small charges" for them.

I read on this a long time ago, so I might be wrong as the offer may have changed or I may have forgotten the correct details, but that's what I believe it was!

I remember getting one of those and my father as well from a local Chrysler dealership. It said that everyone was a winner and that you could go to the particular site and get up to that amount of merchandise, you only had to pay shipping charges. You also have to get all the items at once. I thought about it then thought 'gee, is this stuff really worth the shipping charges and do I really need these items?' It is a really good business idea though but is probably not as it seems.

Koolbuyer said:
Dish Network deal : $1000 shooping spree
That's obviously a typo. Depending on what you meant to type: A $1000 "shopping" spree is just a scam that will cost you more than the spree is actually worth. OTOH, a $1000 "shtooping" spree might be worth it.

In either case, it is the retailer that is offering this bonus, not Dish Network.

Thanks for the input

The deal is from Dishpronto. Sorry for saying it was from Dish network. I was just curious whether anyone has used this option and seen what kindda $1000 junk they are selling (S&H). But I guess, I would go for the free Dvd, camera.. as I know what I will be getting.
Thanks.

If they are even offering that scam as an option, I wouldn't order anything through them. They sound like the kind of outfit that has their own term commitment, even though Dish doesn't require one. Make sure to ask them before signing anything, or you may get stuck.

We were looking at giving away DVD players at DishStore.NET but then decided against it, btw our cost for progressive DVD players to give away was $16 each.

If we are paying $16 for the DVD players I can safely say that their shopping spree is nowhere near $1000 in value. :D

My little Dishpronto story: I'm shopping for a Dish right now, and I found their site somehow and I was messing around with their ordering system--you know, putting packages together to see how much stuff would cost. I didn't complete any of the orders (I'm not quite ready to switch yet--blast Dish and their lack of Universal HD) but apparently they retain information from uncompleted orders, since I 1. got an e-mail from them that night about my "order status", asking me to complete my order, and 2. a call next day from an Indian call center also asking me to buy a Dish from Dishpronto.

I mean--who does that? At least I typed my name in as "Rupe Murdoch", which befuddled the poor Indian call center guy. I'm glad I found this site so I have a few links to some reputable dealers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)