Dish Network deals....im very unhappy with them!

There should not be a $100 install fee. The install is included in the upgrade fees and technician fee. As for the two $200 fees, that's what the price is going to be if you want to upgrade to two 722 receivers. This is standard upgrading procedure.

I think the problem is that he is upgrading LESS than one year from the previous upgrade, at least the OP said he upgraded "Last December." That makes it LESS than one year. Only one upgrade per year, otherwise the cost will be higher, or wait until this December and get the better deal: no $100 install fee.

To the OP:

What Dish offered you was fair and not surprising--considering your situation.

First, no upgrade deals less than ONE YEAR from the previous upgrade or from becoming a new customer. This December, after ONE FULL YEAR, you are eligible for better deals.

Also, the higher your bill, or rather, the higher your tiers and the more PPV/VOD and extras on your bill that translate into a higher bill and the longer you are a customer, the more Dish is willing to do for you. The longer you are a customer, the more loyalty credits they will extend to you.

Although your bill is around $80 per month, it is by no means a FAT CAT bill. AT120 does not impress Dish and although your Punjab pack is pricey, still you don't have any other activity like PPV/VOD, sportspacks, Premiums, etc. Obviously, those who subscribe to AEP and extras with bills exceeding $100 (some even as high as $200 or more) are going to get the most fees waived.

What you must understand is that Dish is NOT being unreasonable. This is as good an offer anyone--cable, DirecTV, etc.--to any customer who is a customer of less than a year or has upgraded less than a year ago. Not to be mean, but in this case, it is the customer who is not being reasonable. These are businesses and Dish has already given you all kinds of equipment at a great discount. They aren't going to do it again in less than a year. That is their policy. Giving all you want in less than one year is BAD BUSINESS.

As Walt Disney said: "No, the customer is not always right, but let him know he is wrong with dignity."

Try again in December, but Dish's offer is still a fair one if you want it now.

Understood. Thank you all for the feedback and comments.
I will just wait a year, i honestly did not think (or know) this equipment was that expensive. From what i am gathering from ppl posting here is that $200 per HDTV receiver is the norm.
hopefully there will be better deals between my 12-18 month period.

Thanks again guys.

You are welcome, and thank you for reasonable. Many others don't know how expensive this stuff is and that it costs Dish (and similarly DirecTV) an all-time high average of over $600 to get a new customer (for HD, but still about $500 for SD), as per public filings per SEC, so it is no claim, but can be taken as fact, by penalty of law.

Glad this board can be of help. That is why this really is the best Sat TV board around. Good luck in December.

You are welcome, and thank you for reasonable. Many others don't know how expensive this stuff is and that it costs Dish (and similarly DirecTV) an all-time high average of over $600 to get a new customer (for HD, but still about $500 for SD), as per public filings per SEC, so it is no claim, but can be taken as fact, by penalty of law.
If you're desire is to be "taken as fact", you had better insure that your facts are accurate. According to the Q1 2010 Form 10Q the SAC was $741.

The number is an average and there is no mention of the difference between SD and HD installs.

Why didnt you order HD equipment when you first set up your order? You dont need HD service in order to lease a HDDVR.

The 82 you are paying per month was explained to you from the begining, Its because of your hindi pack.

If you have 2 TV's, which is what I assume from the bill you posted, and want HDDVR on both, why not get 2 612 receivers?

Your total would come out to-

$100 x 2 for the 612
$15 For tech visit.

Total would be around $215 to upgrade. Sign a 2 year commitment, and you HD programming is free.

I also assume that you have the 500Plus dish. The tech would add a bracket on to the dish for 129 orbital, and replace your 34/33 switch with a DPP44.

Not everything is free.

I just two weeks ago went from 2 VIP622's to three VIP 722k's. Free HBO and Showtime as well as 5 PPV movies for 3 months, paid for one OTA module got two free. Got HD for life, tech visit was 15 dollars. My commitment was null so I had to do a 24 month but I was not planning on going any where any way. FYI! BTW while here tech found two of my 3 LNB's failing and fixed that also. Great tech,gotta say I am happy so far.:D

Dish rates it's customers.
The company looks at, payment history( lates), favors auto pay customers.
Thye also look at the level of a customers subscription. The more a custy buys the better the rating. Thye rate by number of complaints. Companies often deny goodies to customers that complain frequently. Customers NOT under commitments are offered perks more readily than those still under contract.
So it comes as no surprise you received those items at such a low cost.
BTW you do realize you are picking up an additional $34 per month ( Each 722k after the first is $17/month) in fees. ANothe rreason why they can afford to let a customer not pay. $34 X 24 months.....$816 in fees alone before you can downgrade..Plus your programming.
It makes sense to keep a customer that spends lots of money

I think the problem is that he is upgrading LESS than one year from the previous upgrade, at least the OP said he upgraded "Last December." That makes it LESS than one year. Only one upgrade per year, otherwise the cost will be higher, or wait until this December and get the better deal: no $100 install fee.

Based on what I was told by people who are retailers, customers are not even eligible for upgrades(DIU, etc) until they have been customers for 12 consecutive months.
The OP is only on his 7th month.

Dish rates it's customers.
The company looks at, payment history( lates), favors auto pay customers.
Thye also look at the level of a customers subscription. The more a custy buys the better the rating. Thye rate by number of complaints. Companies often deny goodies to customers that complain frequently. Customers NOT under commitments are offered perks more readily than those still under contract.
So it comes as no surprise you received those items at such a low cost.
BTW you do realize you are picking up an additional $34 per month ( Each 722k after the first is $17/month) in fees. ANothe rreason why they can afford to let a customer not pay. $34 X 24 months.....$816 in fees alone before you can downgrade..Plus your programming.
It makes sense to keep a customer that spends lots of money

In the past I have down graded while under contract, had not removed a DVR but have made my package smaller. Never got any slack in fact have been given like a 3 month fee vacation. No I don't complain, I like my toys, My son pays one of the 17 dollars a month as the added DVR was for him and his sister. I even got them to pay 5 a piece for the top 200 only costs dad 3 dollars for NFL network. Each package, each service, channels that may be available. Are based on a family's or persons needs. I just found the one that best suits me and I am happy with it. I love HD, I love a good DVR. The wife complains a little after she shows the math as you have. I just remind her. I don't hunt, have ATV's, boats. Go to bars stay out late, smoke. And all the license's involved in all that as well as accessory's. I remind her about the motorcycle I am looking at and electronics don't seem so bad. He He!:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)