Dish Network deals....im very unhappy with them!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

opnr2000

Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
East Bay, California
Hi all
I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any Dish network deals for existing customers. I currently have SD package with the international so im paying about $85-90 a month. I signed up last december with a 2 yr contract.

I wanted to upgrade to HD since i just bought 2 HDTVS and this is what Dish told me over the phone!

1) it would cos me $200 per HD DVR receiver
2) $100 for install
3) $15 for the tech to come out

So that totals up to be $515 to upgrade from SD ---> HD. ( plus they would be charging me $10 per month for the HD DVRS + new 2 year contract)

I was shocked and even the CSR was saying thats " expensive" But i got bounced around here and there and they eventually said they cannot offer any discounts.

I just feel they are being unreasonable witht he pricing. What do you guys think?
If anyone knows a way to get HD upgrade from DISH net work at a decent price please let me know.

Also they told me $300 if i wanted to cancel my contract and they had no problems with letting me go if i wanted. So far dish networks sucks for customer support.

Call back and ask for the "Customer Retention Department" and when you get them, threaten to cancel and say that you would be willing to pay the early termination fee in order to go to DirecTV or cable and get a better deal for HD.

If they do not offer you anything better, then the problem is that Dish already gave you $500 worth of SD equipment and programming discounts less than 2 years ago, and can't give you the same thing all over again in free HD equipment.

"Customer Support" does not consist of giving you more free equipment than would ever be paid back by your subscription fees...

There should not be a $100 install fee. The install is included in the upgrade fees and technician fee. As for the two $200 fees, that's what the price is going to be if you want to upgrade to two 722 receivers. This is standard upgrading procedure.

If you wait 12 months, so that's 12 months and a day from when you signed up you will get free upgrades. Since you are 6 months into your agreement, no way are you getting the perks now. And costumer retention is for those who will leave not those on the hook for another 18 months. JMO Good luck and Peace

This is copy of my upcoming bill. I just dont know why they are not willing to budge on pricing. They only gave me one SD DVR during my install and my actual DISH and install was $50 i think.
Thanks for the quick replies people. I guess if things change 1 year into the contract i will have to wait. It just that im not putting my HDTV to use.
Thanks guys.

dishw.png

The common come-back for arguments such as the OP's is "why should they trade your 6,000 mile Kia straight across for a new Lexus?" What other business discipline or company do you know of would give you any better consideration? You're only a virgin once and you gave it up for what you've got.

I would challenge your assertion that quality of "customer support" is defined by how much stuff a company is willing to give away. Customer support exists to make sure you're getting what you've subscribed to.

With less than $540 in gross revenues to DISH Network, they're nowhere near recovering the cost of setting you up in the first place (around $700 on average) so it shouldn't be surprising that they're not all that interested in lavishing you with expensive freebies.

If you wait 12 months, so that's 12 months and a day from when you signed up you will get free upgrades. Since you are 6 months into your agreement, no way are you getting the perks now. And costumer retention is for those who will leave not those on the hook for another 18 months. JMO Good luck and Peace

As of right now the only free upgrade are for SD receivers. You will not be able to get a free upgrade in 12 months unless they happen to change the pricing at that time.

As of right now the only free upgrade are for SD receivers. You will not be able to get a free upgrade in 12 months unless they happen to change the pricing at that time.

I just two weeks ago went from 2 VIP622's to three VIP 722k's. Free HBO and Showtime as well as 5 PPV movies for 3 months, paid for one OTA module got two free. Got HD for life, tech visit was 15 dollars. My commitment was null so I had to do a 24 month but I was not planning on going any where any way. FYI! BTW while here tech found two of my 3 LNB's failing and fixed that also. Great tech,gotta say I am happy so far.:D

You got the HD for life tossed in there as well? That's a pretty good deal if on the up and up. I was quite pleased with the free upgrade to a 722k and just $15 for the installation. But I was in the 19th month of a 24 month agreement.

I also knew the hazards of buying an HDTV while not being able to upgrade for cheaper. That was why I made sure my TV could handle SDTV well.

I will say, while not the best by a long shot, my parents' 46" Toshiba HDTV showed programming in a viewable manner via the Coax. Granted, no where near being great, but definitely viewable. I recommend that opnr2000 gets a blu-ray player if they want to get the most out of their TV for the time being.

TV2 Connection fee of $5...I though that was no longer applicable....From this I deduce that u have a DUO SD DVR receiver. Call Dish....this charge should not be applied anymore.

I was not picky about which HD DVR they gave me i would have taken any. 1 HD DVR for each tv is all i said and they gave me the price quote of $200. I assume it was the HD DVR with a single tuner.

You would be happier with a ViP722(k) than a ViP612. And you could save some cash with just one unit and live with SD on one TV. You can feed two TVs with some Dish HW. Or get a ViP922 and sling HD to the second TV.

Hi all
I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any Dish network deals for existing customers. I currently have SD package with the international so im paying about $85-90 a month. I signed up last december with a 2 yr contract.

I wanted to upgrade to HD since i just bought 2 HDTVS and this is what Dish told me over the phone!

1) it would cos me $200 per HD DVR receiver
2) $100 for install
3) $15 for the tech to come out

So that totals up to be $515 to upgrade from SD ---> HD. ( plus they would be charging me $10 per month for the HD DVRS + new 2 year contract)

I was shocked and even the CSR was saying thats " expensive" But i got bounced around here and there and they eventually said they cannot offer any discounts.

I just feel they are being unreasonable witht he pricing. What do you guys think?
If anyone knows a way to get HD upgrade from DISH net work at a decent price please let me know.

Also they told me $300 if i wanted to cancel my contract and they had no problems with letting me go if i wanted. So far dish networks sucks for customer support.

I got my hd dvr and install for free. Just a two year comittment for me to keep to get it for free. Also got the E.A. for free too.

Ron

The common come-back for arguments such as the OP's is "why should they trade your 6,000 mile Kia straight across for a new Lexus?" What other business discipline or company do you know of would give you any better consideration? You're only a virgin once and you gave it up for what you've got.

I would challenge your assertion that quality of "customer support" is defined by how much stuff a company is willing to give away. Customer support exists to make sure you're getting what you've subscribed to.

With less than $540 in gross revenues to DISH Network, they're nowhere near recovering the cost of setting you up in the first place (around $700 on average) so it shouldn't be surprising that they're not all that interested in lavishing you with expensive freebies.

OP you just need to read this statement and then let it go. This statement hits it right on the head. Wait for your 1 year and then try again. But as other people have posted, there is no free HDDVR upgrade right now. $100 per box is the best and in some cases it's $200 per box. It all depends on how you come back in the system when they run your information. You are either an "A" customer or a "B" customer.

I willing to bet because of how new you still are you will only be a "B" customer.

I was not picky about which HD DVR they gave me i would have taken any. 1 HD DVR for each tv is all i said and they gave me the price quote of $200. I assume it was the HD DVR with a single tuner.

No. They probably quoted you 2 VIP 612s which is the only way to get HD to both TVs independently. A dual tuner Dish DVR does not output HD to a second TV Its SD only.

there is no price difference anymore between a solo hd dvr or a duo hd dvr. they are the exact same price on upgrades as of june 3rd.

to the OP, get over it. you have only been a customer on your new connect promotion for 7 months. if you would have asked for two hd-dvr's when you first connected, then you would have paid 200.00 one time for a second 722 or 100.00 for a 612. you blew it. you snooze you lose. you missed the train. you took the free install, you took the credits given to you in the promotion, and now your upset because they wont give you a super new deal when you are not even near half way through your first deal with them.

remember the knight that guards the holy grail in indiana jones in the temple of doom? he has one really kickass line in that movie. "he chose...poorly".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts