Dish Network & Disney -- When?

TennVolFan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2004
Anybody know when EchoStar's corporate deal with Disney expires? DirecTV just redid their's with Disney, which is why ESPNU is now on DirecTV. The Disney-Dish deal is probably the latest ESPNU will appear on Dish -- may come sooner. Anyone know?

added on hopefully they'll have to carry ESPN2-HD in the new agreement as well.

But when they need to re agree, I dunno...

Stargazer,

Actually, your number is low. As a package, the ESPN nets cost around $3.00 per month or so, and will rise to about $5.00 per month later this decade or the early part of the next.

Anybody have any idea when Disney's deal with Echostar expires? I would think someone here would know? No?

As I recall it was about two years ago in June that Charlie threatened to pull local ABC channels over the contract negotiations with Disney - right about the time ABC Family launched. Maybe another year to go?

That's a good point. What is the next major agreement set to expire? So we can get ready with our Give 'em Hell Charlie, or Cheap Charlie arguments.........

As long as Charlie does not come with that weak argument about the increase costs being 3 times the rate of inflation, a month after he raised my bill by 2 times the rate of inflation ($2), and ask me to whine to Disney for him.

Wow, has it been that long already? This article from Multichannel News , dated 01/07/02, is about the last round of the E* vs. Disney feud, during which ESPN Classic was taken off. If they signed a 5-year deal that would put the next negotiation period at the end of next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)