Dish Network Email Support

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Have you tried to contact Dish Networks Technical Email customer support and if you have did they respond personally to you or did you get a useless canned response? I did. Here is the message I sent them and the response I got:

My Message;
My Wife is hard of hearing and relies on Closed captioning to be able to watch TV. 4 times now since having Dish Network, and I have only had it a week and a half, Closed Captioning has quit working on my 522 and
also on my 322. To get it working again I have had to hold the power
button in for about ten seconds to reset to receiver. Is this common? If
it is Dish Network is just not going to work for us as my wife has to have
this and I am not going to go to the trouble of resetting receivers 4
times a week. Any thoughts?

Dish Network response:
Thank you for your email correspondence. Reset the receiver by holding the front panel power button down for five seconds then let the receiver reboot. If the problem persists please contact technical support at 1-800-333-3474.

Well Hello, I have done that and the problem persist as stated in my message and this is why I Did, at least I thought I did contact Dish Network support.

Is Dish Network support really this bad?

AlaJoe said:
Is Dish Network support really this bad?

Yes.

This problem has been around for quite a while. I complained to E* about it I think months ago and was promised it would be fixed very soon in an update. Like I say, that was months ago and even since then an update came that fixed nothing.

If it is that important to you and your wife and you are not under contract, then I say walk. Don't count on it being fixed anytime soon. Sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts