Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just spoke to a friend at Dish Network, in the backround it sounded like there was a party was going on.

I asked what was up and was told everyone was celebrating the 10 Millionth customer. I said I was surprised people were that excited over the news.

I was then told they were not excited about that, instead they were excited because Dish gave all employees a gift of 1 years free Dish Network Service (AT60) and also all employees have received an extra paid day off.

Now thats a nice moral booster!

Congrats Dish!

I am glad they are rewarding their employees for getting all those customers.

I wonder what they are doing for the retailers who sold to a lot of those new customers.

Congrats to Dish on the 10 millionth customer.

That is quite nice. Glad to see some companies still know how much small things can really affect employee morale. I'd be happy as heck if my employer even did something remotely close to that.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I was then told they were not excited about that, instead they were excited because Dish gave all employees a gift of 1 years free Dish Network Service (AT60) and also all employees have received an extra paid day off.

Now thats a nice moral booster!

Congrats Dish!
That extra day off is sweet! That kinda stuff goes a long way.

OTOH, I was a bit shocked when a tech CSR told me they needed to have 10 mil customers in order to get discounted service, when I was making some programming changes a couple of weeks ago.

Almost every company that sells consumer products or services offers a discount to their employees as SOP.

I wonder what the employee discount policy is at DirecTV, Comcast, TW, Charter, et al?

GaryPen said:
That extra day off is sweet! That kinda stuff goes a long way.

OTOH, I was a bit shocked when a tech CSR told me they needed to have 10 mil customers in order to get discounted service, when I was making some programming changes a couple of weeks ago.

Almost every company that sells consumer products or services offers a discount to their employees as SOP.

I wonder what the employee discount policy is at DirecTV, Comcast, TW, Charter, et al?
by the way a lot of comps are stopping those things to cut cost

GaryPen said:
Makes Dish's free AT60 offer seem kinda "so what", don't it?

Can't complain about that day off, though!
and i get free cable too and aint even there employee actually when they ran a new line the guy didnt put a block in so i get them with my internet 30 bucks for high speed and cable not bad but pics so bad i would rather pay for dish

Its a wonder that Dish Network offered the CSR's that. I thought they already got a special discount for working there. I know that my satellite distributor rep has cable. Goes to show how much they believe in what they try to sell.

I just looked on the HNS site and everyone who works for Huges, not just DirecTV employees get the whole enchilada from them. Here's the exact line from their site...

DIRECTV® - Free equipment, installation and monthly service to active employees.

Wdam33 said:
Wonder if that 10 millionth customer got something special? That would be pretty cool.

Mark

Mark,

On the Charlie Chat last night there was a presentation and interview on the phone with the 10 Millionth subscriber. What he received was very nice,

1) FREE 40" HDTV with 811 receiver
2) FREE 522 receiver
3) FREE 2 New Leather recliners
4) 10 YEARS of FREE Service
5) Free Complete panasonic Surround sound system
6) Free Sirius Radio for his car

Accoprding to Charlie and Jim $20,000 of Free stuff

John

kwajr said:
by the way a lot of comps are stopping those things to cut cost
Comcast gives you everything for free Broadband and every channel they offer and it use to be free playboy and Spice but now that has changed. Pay per views use to be 99 cents but I believe that has changed as well. Now keep in mind that is in the Nashville market.

I would have never believed that all satellite and cable companies didn't give free service to their employees

Bob

stratguy said:
I would have never believed that all satellite and cable companies didn't give free service to their employees

Bob

Apparently, they all do...except for Dish...until now. Even then, I think it is only one year free service. (I wonder if they get charged $240 if they leave before one year?) ;)

I think anybody that sells a Dish product should have the product for themselves because they will have an idea of what they are talking about when helping customers on the phone if they are familiar with the system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)