Dish Network Employees Celebrate!

stratguy said:
Comcast gives you everything for free Broadband and every channel they offer and it use to be free playboy and Spice but now that has changed. Pay per views use to be 99 cents but I believe that has changed as well. Now keep in mind that is in the Nashville market.

I would have never believed that all satellite and cable companies didn't give free service to their employees

Bob

I forgot to mention that Comcast has a deal with Dell and they use to give away free computers after 1 year of service and we're not talking bottom of the line computers. They were giving out top of the line computers. I just thought I'd throw that in as well.

Bob

Scott Greczkowski said:
I was then told they were not excited about that, instead they were excited because Dish gave all employees a gift of 1 years free Dish Network Service (AT60) and also all employees have received an extra paid day off.
Oh so it wasn't because the company did good, it was because of the "what's in it for me" mentality. :D

I am suprised to find out that employees don't already have free E* service. It seems odd to discuss a technology service one doesn't have. Having the service brings it into the realm of reality. Instead of a CSR reading how a receiver SHOULD work off of a card, or relying on training sessions, real life experience with the untrained spouse or child and a receiver at home seems a minimum. Glad they could afford AT60 - Kinda skimpy that it is for one year. :eek:

Oh, does E* have any exported employees? I suppose they don't get the free service since the satellites cover the US. That's my other gripe about distant CSRs ... there is no way someone in India can relate to E* use as even those who would show the initiative to get it on their own (as a good CSR would do) could not get US E*.

I realize that having a CSR RTFM in a calm voice is often all the customer needs, but it is nice to know that the CSR has done more than RTFM in their own experience.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)