DISH Network Exclusive Sharp LCD Television Discount offer

Interesting news, considering Sharp doesn't support DishNetwork receivers on their remotes... How well do the Sharp AQUOS codes work on the Dish remote?

LC52D82U - Regular Price: $3,899.00
Dish Network Customer Discount: -$779.80
Your Price: $3,119.20

Or .. first google hit for the same model ..

Value plasma - Our Price: $2,459.99

$660 cheaper without my Dishnetwork valued member discount.

:rolleyes:

I can get a 5 year in-home warranty and a wall-mount along with cables for the price difference .. ;)
Thanks Dish ... you're the best ..

Maybe it's just me but I'm not sure you want to buy from ValuePlasma.com. Here's their location in Brooklyn, NY:

valuePlasma.jpg

More info:

Value Plasma, ValuePlasma.com

What does that mean? I lived in Brooklyn and now in Queens.. Why because they are a small store?
For those who shop online quite a bit, there is a whole subculture of Brooklyn Photo stores that operate out of places that are little more than a storeage unit and they move around quite often and then disappear. Any time you see an awesome price, have a look at their location and see what is there before you click through. There is a website that has photos of the storefronts for all your Manhattan and Brooklyn electronic stores that is very revealing. BHPhotoVideo.com has an awesome store in Manhattan and JR.com has a good store as well.

No slight on you or those who live and work honestly in any of the NY borroughs. Check resellerratings.com also to see what is going on with an online store before you buy.

I think the performance of the most recent Sony and Samusung LCD flat screen models are better. Some banding issues with Sharp.
With the big drop in plasma prices that might be a better route if you are looking for a good non-projection microdisplay. Just MO based on reviews I've read and a couple of viewings at a store.

Interesting news, considering Sharp doesn't support DishNetwork receivers on their remotes... How well do the Sharp AQUOS codes work on the Dish remote?

I've got my 622 remote controlling on/off and Volume on the AQUOS I have (see sig) without issue.

LER

Amazon.com beat the price of all the Sharps I looked up. Essentially everyone discounts at least 20% below MSRP. OK, maybe Best Buy might be higher when it is not on sale... The Sharps the last year have received a lot of critism on avsforum.com because of the banding issue. If you recorded the CC last night you can see the banding on the giant screen, look at the sky of the video, even with the terrible PQ of the CC you can see the dark bands on the LCD.

Maybe it's just me but I'm not sure you want to buy from ValuePlasma.com. Here's their location in Brooklyn, NY:

As I said - that was the first one that came up - I'm sure plenty of other retailers were of a similar price .. if not cheaper .. i used the first one i came across as an example.

(I was not about to do a full online price check and research as I am not currently in the market for a tv.)

My point .. that the offer sucks .. still stands. :)

I was a manager for a reputable retailer in New York, and trust me from first hand experience, there are a lot of stores in New York that are selling refurbished units as new. Interestingly enough, usually manufactures will not cover their sets sold by those stores.

I knew that offer was total BS! A 26" for $715.00? Hmm.... That's the cheapest on the list and that price can be beat very easy! You can get that exact model for even $300 less! What a bunch of CRAP! I have a 51" in my bedroom that only cost a hundred more. Total bunch of CRAP! Its a marketing scam, and I hope people will wake up and see it!

Buy authorized. For the little bit extra you spend you know you're getting a new unit with full manufacturer's warranty.

I only buy authorized and have never had a problem.

Buy authorized. For the little bit extra you spend you know you're getting a new unit with full manufacturer's warranty.

I only buy authorized and have never had a problem.

With anything I buy, I do the research. I am telling you straight forward, this is a total marketing scam if I haven't seen one before. Coming from someone who has money, this is total BS from Dish. They are probably getting a BIG kick back from Sharp. And whats the point about paying extra for a 1080p? Dish doesn't even run on that! Its a big waste of money! Dish can barely run on 1080i!

I've got my 622 remote controlling on/off and Volume on the AQUOS I have (see sig) without issue.

LER
Okay, LER, thanks for the feedback. I had some issues with my Dish 811 remote controlling my Toshiba HD set and if I was to take (be taken?) advantage of this deal, it good to know that at least one remote can control the other device.

With anything I buy, I do the research. I am telling you straight forward, this is a total marketing scam if I haven't seen one before. Coming from someone who has money, this is total BS from Dish. They are probably getting a BIG kick back from Sharp. And whats the point about paying extra for a 1080p? Dish doesn't even run on that! Its a big waste of money! Dish can barely run on 1080i!

Dish can run 1080p but there are no stations which broadcast in 1080p.
So it is not Dish's fault that they have no 1080p or 1080i.

My 622 remote is a pretty good replacement remote for my Toshiba 57" RP HDTV. It certainly controls the power, volume, and even can access the TV's menus via the 622 remote's "Menu" button. That's really all I need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts