Dish Network FlexTV Questions..

Confusion from dish

Hi all, I'm a former dishNOW customer. I converted to what I thought was a flexTV account when dishNOW ended, in October 2009. I bought one month's worth of programming then let it lapse since this was for a lake cabin that I haven't spent much time at since. At the end of May this year, I reactivated the service without issue. No reconnect fee, no past due balance, no problems. Service worked until the end of June as expected, then disconnected. I called again today 7/12 to reactivate for another month and they're telling me that my billing cycle is 6/29-7/28 and that I will only receive programming until the end of the billing cycle and that I have to pay the full month's balance for that 2 weeks of programming. The rep told me I was NOT a flexTV customer , I am a Pay In Advance customer. She told me that for less than a month of nonpayment, the account goes into "soft disconnect" when payment is received, service is restored and the billing cycle is not changed. After a month, it goes into "hard disconnect". If payment is received after hard disconnect, a new billing cycle is established. She directed me to a the location on their website with terms and conditions where none of these phrases is mentioned. Anyone have any similar issues or suggestions?

FlexTV was/is also now called PIA, Never have run into this issue but knowing how dish does things this makes about as much sense as everything else, why not just use your box to start a whole new pay in advance account with a new billing cycle.

Hi all, I'm a former dishNOW customer. I converted to what I thought was a flexTV account when dishNOW ended, in October 2009. I bought one month's worth of programming then let it lapse since this was for a lake cabin that I haven't spent much time at since. At the end of May this year, I reactivated the service without issue. No reconnect fee, no past due balance, no problems. Service worked until the end of June as expected, then disconnected. I called again today 7/12 to reactivate for another month and they're telling me that my billing cycle is 6/29-7/28 and that I will only receive programming until the end of the billing cycle and that I have to pay the full month's balance for that 2 weeks of programming. The rep told me I was NOT a flexTV customer , I am a Pay In Advance customer. She told me that for less than a month of nonpayment, the account goes into "soft disconnect" when payment is received, service is restored and the billing cycle is not changed. After a month, it goes into "hard disconnect". If payment is received after hard disconnect, a new billing cycle is established. She directed me to a the location on their website with terms and conditions where none of these phrases is mentioned. Anyone have any similar issues or suggestions?
Hi gamartin61 and :welcome to Sat Guys! Just a few things Flex plans and Activation only accounts are indeed Pay In Advance Accounts. If you call an activate your account on 7-12, it really doesn't matter what your billing cycle is because the computer will activate on 7-12 and it will issue a credit for the time from 6-29 to 7-12, which will be used for the next month. We do not have any way of paying for less then a months service on our accounts. If you would like some assistance or specific information regarding your account, you can PM me your account information and I will be happy to take a look! Thank you!

I have a FlexTV account and don't understand their payment terms.
I had paid my bill of $89.98 for the period Sept. 13 to Oct. 12 - so they obviously suspended my account on Oct. 13. That was fine and what I wanted as I was going to be away on vacation for two weeks.
When I returned on Oct. 25 I chatted with a CSR to restore my service - she confirmed to me that I would obtain 30 days of service starting Oct. 25 if I paid my bill.
I agreed and paid $89.98 by credit card - thinking I would be good until Nov. 24. They suspended my service on Nov. 13 - so I only obtained 19 days of TV for my payment in full.
I just returned home today and find out it is disconnected - so I thought they just made a mistake - so I chat with them.
They said no - the payment I made was for the period Oct. 13 to Nov. 12 - even though I did not have service for 12 of those days.
They now want me to pay $101.27 for the period Nov. 13 to Dec. 12 - even though I have been without TV for the past 8 days.
This does not make any sense to me. I thought the whole idea of FlexTV was to allow you to start and stop whenever you wanted without any penalties? Why should I have to pay for the days I can not watch TV because it is suspended - this is crazy.

Last edited:
I just noticed this is a real old thread and probably no one reads it anymore - so please disregard - I will start my own new thread about FlexTV account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)