Dish Network full of lies...weekend home

Activate a 2nd account at the weekend home and put it on Vacation for $5/mo

When you go to the other home, call and subscribe to whatever package you want. When you go home, call and put the system back on Vacation.

So when its all said and done your still paying the $5/mo just like you would with the way it was setup before, and for the few days out of the month you do use the other home they can charge you $3-4 for programming.

If you really want to screw Dish over, put your main account on vacation while your at the vacation home, then the most they can screw you for is $5/mo :)

cable companiy fault??

This customers experience is all too common and is definately a case of selective enforement but as many of the other posters have stated it is within the rules that have always been in place....they have just established a policy of enforcing the rules. I know for a fact that Dishnet has knowingly set many accts up like this in the past...but times have changed! I have no sympathy for Dishnet but believe it or not it actually is an issue that the cable companies stirred up. A while back somebody lobbying for the cable guys petitioned the FCC to stop the practice of the sat companies allowing recievers to be used at multiple physical locations siting their (the cable companies) inability to compete with that practice. Lets face it....the cable company has no way to have more than 1 physical location set up for a customer and still claim plausable deniability when reporting their subscriber count. And subscriber count is what the programmers base how much the cable company pays for programming. So you can see they kind of have a point. It is true that the FCC is requiring sat companies to make a legitimate effort to eliminate multiple location sharing. Logicaly I can't imagine that Dish enjoys having to invest personnel and assets into this auditing effort and create the hostility from the customer when they're "changing the rules". I think Dish's biggest problem is their lack of "bedside manner" with the way they explain this situation to people. There are certainly better ways to present this issue than the "we suspect you of stealing service" approach. These auditors should be much better trained to avoid offending legitimate customers.... Oh well

milt007 said:
I think Dish's biggest problem is their lack of "bedside manner" with the way they explain this situation to people. There are certainly better ways to present this issue than the "we suspect you of stealing service" approach. These auditors should be much better trained to avoid offending legitimate customers.... Oh well

Exactly the comment I sent to ceo.... (I have not gone through an audit).

You CANNOT block the caller id function to Dish Network or any other company. Even Charlie said that it is ok to take it to a second home.

That is to block your number from residential/small business customers. Those companies that have 1-800/866/877/900 numbers you cannot block it from them.

If you choose Complete Blocking, your phone number will automatically be blocked for each and every call that you make. When you call someone who subscribes to Caller ID and has a display device next to the phone, they will see the message "Private," "P" or "Anonymous" instead of your phone number. (NOTE:: Calls to 800, 888, 900 numbers and 911 cannot be blocked.)

See the link below, this gives information about this.

http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs19-cid.htm

Not unless there is a device that will act like it came from a different telephone number but I doubt such a device exists since it probably picks up the phone number from the box where your phoneline is connected so that you cannot tamper with it. I am not sure if there is such a device on a cell phone though.

Some correct Info for you about Dish vacation homes

meontheinternet said:
It seems Dish Network is full of lies to us lately.

Background:
We have been subscribers for 2 years with 3 boxes at home and 1 box at our weekend home. When we started the service we asked if we could use the account at both places and they said, "sure!" Not only that, they gave us the second dish and even installed it at our weekend home for free. Not only that, they let us pick up the Atlanta stations there, even though the weekend home is closer to another large city.
A few days ago we decided to plug in the phone line to the PVR so that we could get Caller ID on the TV. The following day we got a call from Dish.

The Call:
My mom gets a call asking her to read off all the IDs of the boxes so that they can update their records. My mom doesn't want to because she knows that Dish gave us the boxes - so they should know exactly what we have. They finally convinced her that this is Dish and so she read off the numbers of the three boxes here. The lady then said, "Can you get to the 4th box?" Mom, "No." The lady says, "oh, is it locked up in a room that you can't get to?". My mom said, "No, it is at our weekend home."
"Oh, we are going to have to turn that off, you can have a box at both locations." So they tricked my mom into saying we have a box at the weekend home - after having to go all over the house to read off information. They could have just asked, since they installed the weekend home box, she would have said, "yes we have one there."
Mom gets mad and finally says we will just switch to Comcast. The lady says, "Oh, Comcast is the reason we are having to do this - they are mad we are letting our customers have a single account at both homes." Excuse me? Since when does a company care what a jealous competitor thinks? The story changed a few minutes later to, "oh, the FCC is not letting us do this anymore." Uh huh.

Conclusions:
So now the connection at our weekend home has been cut off. My dad called today to say that we have brought the forth box home, but Dish said, "oh, you are listed as having a weekend home. We are not able to activate any more boxes for you, and have disconnected one." Dad, "So we can't have more than three boxes at our main house?". Dish says, "No. We are limiting all people with a weekend home on file to just three boxes. What kind of service is that?

Questions:
1. Are any other Dish subscribers with a weekend/summer home having this problem? Based on the timing, we feel that plugging in the phone line is what caused all of this to happen.
2. With the lack of service at our weekend home, the trickery and lies, and the loss of Lifetime - we are done with Dish Network, although we had previously always liked them. Does anybody recommend (or not) DirectTV or Comcast or should we just go with our local cable company and TiVo?
3. For now, can we move the card in one of our boxes to the box that is at the weekend home? Does the card determine the active/inactive information - or does the box itself? We could go back and forth with the card, if that works.

Thanks!

There are some things that don't add up here. First in the residdential service agreement it does state that you will not use your account to authorize services in more than one location. The phone line had nothing to do with the audit. And next unlike most companys that require you to maintain programming on two account at a time, Dish Network offers a seasonal downgrade for vacation homes. I spoke to a really nice agent at 1-888-462-8902 operator 8XC and she explained the whole process. And how I can actually save some money by having the two accounts. I just downgrade my home when not there and save on the additional receiver fees. They are not limiting the amount of receivers. Just that all the receivers on one account have to be at one location.

As for the part about comcast. This is true and it isn't that Dish cares what the competior thinks. The cable company went to congress and complained that since they are regulated and that they can only provide service to one location on each account that satellite compnays should have to do the same. So congrees passed a bill stating this and now they are regulated by the FCC and there is also the Satellite Home Viewers Act.. This is for all satellite companies. And just so you realize that dish could be worse.. I have a friend who had direct and had a reciever in his rv. Direct found out 3 years later and now they are charging him for a second account from the time he activated that receiver because he was using the service in two locations. Dish is not suing there customers even though like Direct they can according to the residental service agreement. Like I said they have some good agents. Call the one I listed and just ask some questions you may like what you hear. I'll bet that you used a local retailer to install you or at least that second dish.

littlemom said:
The phone line had nothing to do with the audit.

(part of post deleted )

I have a friend who had direct and had a reciever in his rv. Direct found out 3 years later and now they are charging him for a second account from the time he activated that receiver because he was using the service in two locations. Dish is not suing there customers even though like Direct they can according to the residental service agreement.

The phone line has EVERYTHING to do with the audit, if the phone line was not hooked up *E would not have known the receiver was in a different location than the service address.

On the point of having a receiver in an RV on the same account,

you can have a receiver in an RV w/ *D & *E on the same account as your home

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/learn/FAQ_DTVProgramming.jsp#3

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/locals/rv_truck/

:welcome to satellite guys littlemom