DISH Network Full Page Ad in USA Today

Status
Please reply by conversation.

1rick

Jan 6, 2006
Anyone else see the full page add in the sports section of the USA Today. Shows DISH has the most HD Stations - they show 30 Nationals (excludes locals which they have state they have in 185 markets reaching 97% of TV,s. Have had HD from Directv since 2001 so a bit disappointing that the market leader is not the market leader ....

Anyone else see the full page add in the sports section of the USA Today. Shows DISH has the most HD Stations - they show 30 Nationals (excludes locals which they have state they have in 185 markets reaching 97% of TV,s. Have had HD from Directv since 2001 so a bit disappointing that the market leader is not the market leader ....

I guess that depends if you want to believe the line of crap put out by any company in their advertising. Dish, Direct or whomever. But then the purpose of advertising is to make believers of the guillible and uninformed. Hopefully you are neither:D !

Well, I agree with the sentiments in mtnmike's post. However, Dish does currently have the most national HD channels. And compresses less. And the Dish 622 seems to be doing better than the DTV '20. That can all change in a year.

And compresses less. And the Dish 622 seems to be doing better than the DTV '20. That can all change in a year.
I would like to see how you come to the conclusion that DISH compresses less.

They both use the MPEG2 and MPEG4 systems and they work the same way.

You can always say the dish 622 is doing better, of course, it's been out much longer and DISH has had time to work out the bugs, give the HR20 the same amount of time and I think you will find that they will end up being very comprabable to one another.

Tired of people bashing equipment that has not had time to tweak and the public time to get use to it, just because someone may not understand a feature or two doesn't mean it doesn't work.

I have had my HR20-700 for about 2 months and forthe most part, it has worked flawlessly.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Haven't you noticed, DISH subs are always coming over to this side to tell us how much better they have it....

Jimbo
You are right. I certainly never see any Directv users bash Dish in the Dish forums.

Gee- hard to see my post as "bashing."

Anyway, MPEG-2 & MPEG-4 have variable compression rates. You can set the degree of compression used, reducing bandwidth requirements at the cost of quality.

If you wish, you can "search" and see where others have done the measurements on compression. And as I said, all this can change in a year.

I guess if you count the very rarely viewed VOOM channels as nationals (and that is a real stretch) - which as we know are in HD-lite. BTW, DISH does NOT had HD-lils in ANYWHERE NEAR 185 markets covering 97% of the u.S. households - that might be their number for local SD.

I am one of those dish subs....

Thinking of switching and would in effect forfeit my PVR508 for an R-15.

Bad move?

97 % ??

Wow, Talk about feeling slighted, my area ( Springfield, MA) is ranked about 109 in markets. We can't even get locals in sd from Dish here, combine that with no access to the 129 dish sat and the choice wasn't difficult. Not a huge fan of directv either, just the better option for me. Thank goodness for OTA.

Haven't you noticed, DISH subs are always coming over to this side to tell us how much better they have it....

Jimbo

Its only a handful that post in here. The regular bunch that does suffers from a childish "mine is bigger than yours" inferiority complex. Even though it isn't. Most DISH customers could care less about Direct and vice-versa. :hatsoff:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)