Can't reach Directv by phone today

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
I have tried to call them several times today and the system hangs up on me before the call can be routed.
I had a charge of 0.00 show up for the upcoming season of Center Ice. I was trying to figure out if was going to be charged or this was a gift.
It shouldn't be an auto-renewal since I didn't sub to it last season.
I guess I have at least a month for them to get the phone working. I would try chat, but I've found in the past the chat reps don't know how to cancel sports packages correctly.

I have tried to call them several times today and the system hangs up on me before the call can be routed.
I had a charge of 0.00 show up for the upcoming season of Center Ice. I was trying to figure out if was going to be charged or this was a gift.
It shouldn't be an auto-renewal since I didn't sub to it last season.
I guess I have at least a month for them to get the phone working. I would try chat, but I've found in the past the chat reps don't know how to cancel sports packages correctly.
I would make sure you get ahold of them .... the 0.00 is just a place holder until the season gets here, at that point I would expect a figure to show up.

Did you call the Main line 1-800-531-5000 ?

Last edited:
I would make sure you get ahold of them .... the 0.00 is just a place holder until the season gets here, at that point I would expect a figure to show up.

Did you call the Main line 1-800-5315000 ?
Yes. I will try again in a couple of days.

Call 1 800 531 5000 and say cancel if you didn't already. Then follow the prompts. It should get you a rep. Though it has been screwing up latley

That's what I tried to do. It would just hang up on me about the time the recording said Directv.
I finally called them on my cell and it worked fine.
I think they cancelled it correctly, but it added a new line item on my account that says NHL Center Ice this season charge 0.00. I still have at least 1 bill that will close out before hockey season. If they bill me for it, I can try to cancel again.
I shouldn't have been billed for it to start with since I haven't subbed to it in several years.

That's what I tried to do. It would just hang up on me about the time the recording said Directv.
I finally called them on my cell and it worked fine.
I think they cancelled it correctly, but it added a new line item on my account that says NHL Center Ice this season charge 0.00. I still have at least 1 bill that will close out before hockey season. If they bill me for it, I can try to cancel again.
I shouldn't have been billed for it to start with since I haven't subbed to it in several years.
Keep an eye on it.

Would they be giving it away this season, hence why it is appearing on the bill?

A friend of mine already had his NHLCI renewed and even sent me the notification he got:
AUTOMATIC RENEWAL NOTIFICATION

Dear (this was his real name),

The 2023-2024 NHL season is almost here! Get ready to catch the action with NHL® CENTER ICE® from DIRECTV. You will have access to front-row seats to live NHL out-of-market regular season games.

As a 2022-2023 NHL® CENTER ICE® subscriber, you don’t have to do a thing. Your subscription will automatically renew at $69.99, broken into 3 payments of $23.33/month so you will be set to watch the upcoming 2023-2024 season. Your first charge of $23.33 will be on your next upcoming bill.

If you decide to cancel, you must visit directv.com/accountoverview or call 800.531.5000 no later than October 17, 2023. Your NHL® CENTER ICE® subscription is not refundable after this date.

Thank you for choosing DIRECTV and NHL® CENTER ICE.®

Sincerely,
Your DIRECTV Team

Same thing happened to me.

I canceled it last year since I have ESPN+ and there's very little CI provides that ESPN+ doesn't.
I did get through to a CSR that removed it.

Tough sledding on getting new promo's right now. Seem to get the same old movie crap as promo's.
we never had any problems getting new promo's!!! though this last time we did have to tell them to shut it off and wait for the win back dept to call us 2 days later. wating to know why we canceled. i just said there pricing is insane for the same crap and old reruns over and over. needless to say out bill is cut in half for 2 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts