Dish Network Gives Up 157 Slot

And of course, if you use the right browser/plugins (or right OS haha), those things will load in your browser window anyway :)

they are not giving up the whole slot, just 3 frequencies. They still have rights to something like 29 others at 157

If i remember correctly those were the only tps on that slot that owned.. Unless im wrong.. If they did own all 29 then they were useing those 3 to keep it lit.. btw they are giving up the whole slot because in the 2nd part of it they specifically requested the memoradim for a sat to not be there for longer than 30 days or loose the slots be lifted.. so witch means if they dont put a sat there in the next 30 days the slot is gone.

edit re read it.. it specifically say those tps for the 2nd part but they still have to have a sat there (there currently is none) or they will loose that slot...

Just did a check big bob and you are right.. as far as the rest of the tp's I think they have to have a bird move overthere soon otherwise they will loose it.. Thanks for the Correction :)

goaliebob99 said:
Just did a check big bob and you are right.. as far as the rest of the tp's I think they have to have a bird move overthere soon otherwise they will loose it.. Thanks for the Correction :)

Dish has until 2012 to get a satellite to 157 W to keep the other 29 DBS frequency licenses that they won at auction in 2004. The 3 frequency licenses they just gave up were acquired a few years back and the E-4 satellite was keeping these licenses active. When Dish moved E-4 to 77 W, they put these 3 licenses at risk although they had applied to the FCC to keep these 3 even without having a satellite at 157 W for more than 90 days. Dish volunteered to give these up, there was not a forfeiture ruling from the FCC. Historically Dish never gives up frequency licenses. That is why there is speculation that Dish is working a deal with the FCC and probably Dominion/Sky Angel related to the Rainbow-1 sale and the 2 unlicensed frequencies at 61.5 W.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)