Dish Network GUI suggestion...

sjvirchow

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
This might be kind of a minor thing, but I really like seeing the channel logo's on the Guide, and on the info bar at the top of the screen. The 922 does that already, but if this was on the 722, that would be awesome. More of a modern look in my opinion.

I agree with you on this note. I love the guide on the 922 versus the layout on the 722/k. The software guys are steadily dreaming up things to make the user interface on all the boxes be easier to understand and handle, so I wouldn't be surprised if in the future the look gets changed with the functionality. Stranger things have happened.

I agree. As long as the functionality isn't affected, I don't see why the GUI couldn't be upgraded. The 922 looks very nice, and the 722k seems sharper than the vanilla 722. Of course, Dish will probably tell us that if we want the 922 GUI, we should upgrade to the 922 (for $200!)

I love eye candy. The Dish guide is looking just a bit dated, in my opinion.

Attachments

• vip922 guide.jpg
    vip922 guide.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 592
  • 722 guide.jpg
    722 guide.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:
I agree. As long as the functionality isn't affected, I don't see why the GUI couldn't be upgraded. The 922 looks very nice, and the 722k seems sharper than the vanilla 722. Of course, Dish will probably tell us that if we want the 922 GUI, we should upgrade to the 922 (for $200!)

Hey, I too easily observe both the 722K and 222K as outputting a sharper PQ than the 722. Others have also observed this. I think all PQ comparisons with DirecTV ought to be done using 722K/222K. I recall posts from users saying they thought the 922 also produced a sharper PQ.

I love the guide on the 922 versus the layout on the 722/k.
I'm almost positive my DirecTV box from 10 years ago had channel logos (as an option) in the program guide. I don't want this so much for the look but instead because I don't know what some of the channels are (ones we don't watch, obviously) with their cryptic abbreviations.

Amen to that! If the guide on my 722k slows down any more, I am going to need it to go further than 9 days out because that's about how long it takes to come up!

OK this doesn't sound right my 722k guide runs like a scared rabbit.What software are you running?.Do you turn it off at night?. You may need to contact Dish Network Tech Support for a replacement.:confused:

I'm almost positive my DirecTV box from 10 years ago had channel logos (as an option) in the program guide. I don't want this so much for the look but instead because I don't know what some of the channels are (ones we don't watch, obviously) with their cryptic abbreviations.
thats cus they had a bunch of different box manufacturers (ie sony,rca) competeing for business..now its one box take it or leave it

you know now that I think about it I wish it did that too on the new receivers. The older ones did do it that way. Got an old RCA receiver and a Sony and both have the channel pic in the guide

Is this even a possibility on the 722k? could the 722k handle it?.Only our resident Pros know for sure.
So resident Pros is this even a possibility?.:confused:
When one of the resident Dish TSRs posts
...so I wouldn't be surprised if in the future the look gets changed with the functionality. Stranger things have happened.
I'll go out on a limb and say that maybe he's seen it on a 722k with test software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)