DISH Network Hell

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok guys enough! this is the second thread in almost as many days where someone comes on for help and gets picked apart! we do not know their situation nor will we so belittling the poster because they were misinformed or did not make a good choice etc... is not in the spirit of SatelliteGuys, Christmas or just basic human decency.
I think that that may be the problem in that 2 have come with almost the same story. It almost sounds like the same person (or family) relating the same story. So that think that may be why people are reacting this way. It just seems a little coincidental that almost the same story twice in a couple of days. My 2¢ worth.

It just seems a little coincidental that almost the same story twice in a couple of days. My 2¢ worth.

"The same story", at least in the 1st case, DIRT admitted that they were given the wrong information!

Do you really believe that DIRT admitted that the OP was given the wrong information based only on what he TOLD them???

I want clarify as the op on the other post that I do not know this person. I really think what happens is that some of the csr's are under pressure to sell and will tell us anything to get a sale. I would have to wonder how often this happens and goes unreported because most do not know of this forum. I really wish Dish would have honored the deal I was promised. I am a former Direct customer and prefer the equipment and programming that Dish has. Dish has alot more hd channels that I like to watch like NatGeo Wild and BBC America. I was point blank offered America's Everything Package for $69.99 a month. We questioned the csr many times and said we get this package at this price because we are current Direct customers and we would be a win back. We called the next day to confirm our order and it was confirmed. I had no beef with Dish and really wanted to stay with them but if they could not fullfill what was promised I had to move on. I sent my Direct equipment back and am not going to grovel back to them. Only choice left is a OTA with a Tivo. This sucks for me as I am disabled and tv is 90% of my entertainment. I have no reason to lie and was hoping for some help. I usually come to this forum to see if any new hd is coming from the provider I have. If you want to send me a private message with phone info and I will explain in detail what happened. Merry Christmas.

Ok guys enough! this is the second thread in almost as many days where someone comes on for help and gets picked apart! we do not know their situation nor will we so belittling the poster because they were misinformed or did not make a good choice etc... is not in the spirit of SatelliteGuys, Christmas or just basic human decency.

What's the fun in that? :dev

I'd like to know what the initial issue is that the OP is dealing with and see if there's a way we can help them resolve it. That's what we are here for. :)

In my case there is nothing that can be done. The simple problem was that a Dish csr offered me a price that they will not honor. Talked to Stephanie at retention and was told that Dish would rather void our contract and go are separate ways than give us the price the csr told us. She said quote "we do not make any money off new subscribers til they have been with us for 3 years". At a price of $69.99 we would take alot longer to recoup their money so it would be better if you leave. Yes you were offered this but we choose not honor it at this price.

In my case there is nothing that can be done. The simple problem was that a Dish csr offered me a price that they will not honor. Talked to Stephanie at retention and was told that Dish would rather void our contract and go are separate ways than give us the price the csr told us. She said quote "we do not make any money off new subscribers til they have been with us for 3 years". At a price of $69.99 we would take alot longer to recoup their money so it would be better if you leave. Yes you were offered this but we choose not honor it at this price.
What it looks like is they quoted the top 250 price for the AEP pak. That one is 69.99.

I want clarify as the op on the other post that I do not know this person. I really think what happens is that some of the csr's are under pressure to sell and will tell us anything to get a sale. I would have to wonder how often this happens and goes unreported because most do not know of this forum. I really wish Dish would have honored the deal I was promised. I am a former Direct customer and prefer the equipment and programming that Dish has. Dish has alot more hd channels that I like to watch like NatGeo Wild and BBC America. I was point blank offered America's Everything Package for $69.99 a month. We questioned the csr many times and said we get this package at this price because we are current Direct customers and we would be a win back. We called the next day to confirm our order and it was confirmed. I had no beef with Dish and really wanted to stay with them but if they could not fullfill what was promised I had to move on. I sent my Direct equipment back and am not going to grovel back to them. Only choice left is a OTA with a Tivo. This sucks for me as I am disabled and tv is 90% of my entertainment. I have no reason to lie and was hoping for some help. I usually come to this forum to see if any new hd is coming from the provider I have. If you want to send me a private message with phone info and I will explain in detail what happened. Merry Christmas.

You might want to look over our FTA forum and see what other options you may have.

I suggest grovelling back. If TV is 90% of your entertainment, don't cut off your nose to spite your face. Life is too short not to enjoy it. Dish or Directv have fine packages. If you didn't get the everything pack there are still lower priced packages with a lot of good entertainment.

What it looks like is they quoted the top 250 price for the AEP pak. That one is 69.99.

Also not what was quoted in the OP's original post -67.99......Really, I'm not trying to pile on, in fact I posted an believe he had a problem. But the extent of what he was told and thought he was told is where I have the problem. If I could get an answer to how someone signing up for Dish now, can get the Top250 without locals, I would be more apt to say Dish made all the mistakes.... When he says he called and they wanted to charge him for the locals, but waived the cost, I have a problem believing that A) They can even add locals to a package that already has them, and B) That they would simply waive the cost forever and C) The package didn't have his locals to begin with. AGAIN - I believe the OP thinks he was told all that, I don't. Did Dish have to turn them on because of a glitch? Very possible. But being told he would have to pay more for them, no. Could the CSR quoted the price for Top250 instead of everything package? Sure. Could the caller have unknowingly asked for the Top250? Sure. And for the Blockbuster part of his Original post, I believe they told him he would get it for free. He never answered my question,but I think he did get it for free, his complaint was he could not stream new movies......I'm not sure he knows everything that comes with that package being new to Dish.

Last edited:
Sales people should know the promos inside & out. If they don't have an answer they should ask someone who does. Never tell someone that equipment is flawless without problems.
My guess is there have been folks getting signed up under false pretenses & info less than accurate.
In my experience there are a few types of disputes.
In most cases, the customer experiences 'selective amnesia'. They were given the details and chose to ignore or simply did not pay attention.
There are instances where the customer is not given all details. This is from third party sales companies that are boiler rooms. Volume sales. These are the worst.
The last one I can think of is the foreign call centers used by Dish. This is where the language barrier and 'script' issues come into play. This is a lousy system. IMO Dish should NEVER allow their overseas based centers to perform sales.

Also not what was quoted in the OP's original post -67.99......Really, I'm not trying to pile on, in fact I posted an believe he had a problem. But the extent of what he was told and thought he was told is where I have the problem. If I could get an answer to how someone signing up for Dish now, can get the Top250 without locals, I would be more apt to say Dish made all the mistakes.... When he says he called and they wanted to charge him for the locals, but waived the cost, I have a problem believing that A) They can even add locals to a package that already has them, and B) That they would simply waive the cost forever and C) The package didn't have his locals to begin with. AGAIN - I believe the OP thinks he was told all that, I don't. Did Dish have to turn them on because of a glitch? Very possible. But being told he would have to pay more for them, no. Could the CSR quoted the price for Top250 instead of everything package? Sure. Could the caller have unknowingly asked for the Top250? Sure. And for the Blockbuster part of his Original post, I believe they told him he would get it for free. He never answered my question,but I think he did get it for free, his complaint was he could not stream new movies......I'm not sure he knows everything that comes with that package being new to Dish.
Question....If the OP resided in a DMA where Dish does NOT provide locals, would it not be logical to assume that Dish would not charge for locals?

After all has been said and done, we will likely never hear from the OP again and never know what happened. Another CUT and run.

Question....If the OP resided in a DMA where Dish does NOT provide locals, would it not be logical to assume that Dish would not charge for locals?

Except he said after calling they wanted to charge extra for the locals, and then waived the cost and gave them to him.......So they were available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)