Dish Network installers stumped- 811 & 622

lejotm

Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
I recently had 622 installed, and there was no problem. But the installer did not have a work order to put up an additional dish to get the HD feed on the 129. So I had to setup an appointment, the installer arrived he used a Dish 500 and a DP44 switch with my existing SuperDish. The newly installed 622 picked up all four sats but my existing 811 only picked up the 121 which was on port 1. So the tech decided to try another DP44, no luck. Replaced the barrels, even ran temporary line to the 811, to see if the existing wiring was the problem. Still no luck the 811 only picked up the 121. The 811 when connected to the 622 line it works great. After nearly 3 hours of troubleshooting and two installers later, they gave up and said that they would need to send out a lead tech. Hopefully he can figure out what is going on. Has any ran into this issue, and ideas?

I'll suggest this to the tech and will let everyone know how it turns out. To bad I can't do it myself since my house is pretty tall and I don't have a ladder tall enough. Thanks.

The 121 on 4 is not required. It is just reccomended because old receivers cannot see more than 3 satellites. If they are too old to see 4 satellites they are also too old to have the tables for the new satellites (ones like 121 and 105).

They reccomend 119 on port one since it is the main satellite for Dish network and if receivers cannot see the switch they usually see the first satellite.

I assumed he tried different ports on the DPP44 to see if just one of them was stuck. I have found taking all receivers off the DPP44 and unplugging the power inserter will reset the DPP44 if it is stuck.