Dish Network IR-to-UHF Remote Upgrade Kit AVAILABILITY!

hman414

Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
Dear Satellite Guys Forum,

My Dish Network IR-to-UHF Remote Upgrade Kit is no longer functioning. I need to get a new one.

I thought it would be very simple to go online and order a new unit.

Not so! No one seems to have the 137682 Dish Network IR-to-UHF Remote Upgrade Kit in stock.

I have been told DN has discontinued this part. Why would they do that! This kit works PERFECTLY for what it is designed for. Since Dish no longer offers UHF remote receivers (like the 811) this kit fills that void.

If anyone knows where I can get one of these kits please post!

Thanks!

Hman

Have you tried DISH themselves? Nextgen makes a UHF adapter that replaces a battery in the remote and transmits to a receiver that converts back to IR.

For the cost of the remote kit why not just upgrade your receiver. Not only do you get a newer receiver but you get new remotes.

Not so! No one seems to have the 137682 Dish Network IR-to-UHF Remote Upgrade Kit in stock.

I have been told DN has discontinued this part. Why would they do that! This kit works PERFECTLY for what it is designed for. Since Dish no longer offers UHF remote receivers (like the 811) this kit fills that void.
DISH has indeed discontinued the part. There are numerous third party RF remotes in the marketplace. Amazon offers solutions starting at under $40. The URC remotes are very capable universal remotes.

Your claim about DISH not offering UHF remotes is FALSE. Several current DISH receivers offer UHF remote capability.

Are you looking for the remote, the emitter or both? I ask because you gave us the part number for the remote but asked for the kit (123804).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts