dish network is really beginning to suck!!! (Issue Resolved)

gotto

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2012
los angeles
so i called dish yesturday and explained that i got a hopper for a birthday gift. so i'm on the phe phone with the rep and he told me theres a $200 dollar turn on fee :eek: plus the first month of programming. i can see paying the fisrt month of programming up front but not 200 dollars for them to turn it on just for them to push a few buttons and send the signal!! i got a free install when i got the system one hopper and one joey. so all i'm having to do is call em up and have em turn it on and send the signal but i refuse to pay 200 bucks for them to send a signal. id there any truth to this under an activations account?? if there is a 200 dollar turn on fee on top of the monthly programming i think id'e run like hell from this company!! or does it depend on what ring leader you talk to??

Oh, boy.....

Are you sure you are giving us the whole information? First you say you got the hopper as a present, then you say you got it installed for free, then you say it's not even activated? How does that happen? That would have all been hashed out when you first ordered it...

Oh, boy.....

Are you sure you are giving us the whole information? First you say you got the hopper as a present, then you say you got it installed for free, then you say it's not even activated? How does that happen?
It's pretty clear that he got a 1H/1J system installed, and somebody gave him another Hopper as a gift, which he would like to add to his system. (What's not clear is if he wants to replace the Joey with the 2nd Hopper, or add it in addition to the existing receivers.) It's not rocket surgery.

I get the idea that the csr thinks it's a new account and not an addition to an existing one, and there may be an additional charge to add the line and change the node, but a $200 charge and paying a fee you should already be paying is a bit much. Unless you are setting the gift Hopper at a different service address, the fees are way out of line. A PM to a Dirt member should take care of it or you can play csr roulette and get someone who can figure out what is going on.

I would think that (assuming this is a case of a hopper being added to an existing system) the max cost would be $95 for a tech to come out and swap out the node and run any additional needed wiring. This can be reduced to $15 if the OP adds the protection plan to his account.

the installer my parents got it from paid for the hopper and joey upfront at full retail price the installer gave me a free installation on the system. and the installer told me to call em and tell them i have the equitment already and i just want to activate it and to do an activation account and pay for one month of service up front. my parents bought the system and they told me how much they paid for it and there was free installation and all i needed to do wad turn it on the installer did not tell em there was a 200 dollar turn on fee and me the same thing as well. it was explained to me that id'e need a credit card to pay for one month of service and to do auto pay for the free HD for life but was never told about a 200 dollar turn on fee thats why i didn't activate it yet i'll send it back before i pay 200 dollars for them to turn it on!!!

brand new account. and the 200 dollar turn on fee was just for them to send a signal and gather all my info.

the installer my parents got it from paid for the hopper and joey upfront at full retail price the installer gave me a free installation on the system. and the installer told me to call em and tell them i have the equitment already and i just want to activate it and to do an activation account and pay for one month of service up front.
The installer didn't contact Dish themselves? That sends up a flag.

With the further context, on what basis is the OP using to say that Dish Network is really beginning to suck, if they don't even have Dish to begin with?

DIRT should get you sorted. Sounds a bit confusing whatever happened. I didn't know the installer could even delay the activation after the install date.

OK. Now, I'm having trouble understanding the situation. Of course, a little punctuation and capitalization might help make sense of the OP's subsequent posts.

I am starting to smell something fishy, though. Buying directly from installers? Nobody contacting Dish until now. Wild, wacky stuff.

yes my parents did sparc they paid 449 for the hopper and 99 dollars for the joey. and the installer was recomended from dish themselves

GaryPen said:
OK. Now, I'm having trouble understanding the situation. Of course, a little punctuation and capitalization might help make sense of the OP's subsequent posts.

I am starting to smell something fishy, though. Buying directly from installers? Nobody contacting Dish until now. Wild, wacky stuff.

I don't know why it would be so hard to believe they paid full retail for the receivers and installation. The $200 is probably a miscommunication. I think this would all be sorted out by now if the poster would PM dirt as suggested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)