dish network is really beginning to suck!!! (Issue Resolved)

I don't know why it would be so hard to believe they paid full retail for the receivers and installation. The $200 is probably a miscommunication. I think this would all be sorted out by now if the poster would PM dirt as suggested.
Very new here. Maybe he doesn't know how.

Sounds like a FLEXTV account with owned equipment and an activation or installation fee. Customers with free install and promotional pricing are LEASE CUSTOMERS not owned equipment customers . Zack has already requested him to PM him and GOTTO has over 5 posts so the only thing stopping the resolution of problem is GOTTO.
yes my parents did sparc they paid 449 for the hopper and 99 dollars for the joey. and the installer was recomended from dish themselves

i sent him a pm. his offer still stands to help me but after a day of dealing with all this stuff i'll be sending the equitment back and i'll be going to directv. i told them i did not want a flex account and that i wanted an activations account when i sighned up also.

i sent him a pm. his offer still stands to help me but after a day of dealing with all this stuff i'll be sending the equitment back and i'll be going to directv. i told them i did not want a flex account and that i wanted an activations account when i sighned up also.
So you can return equipment? Do that and sign up with Zach.

i am returning the equitment and going with directv instead. i can't sighn up with dish directly because i live on the 4th floor and the sales rep said they won't do an install that high up. how true that is i do not know.

i am returning the equitment and going with directv instead. i can't sighn up with dish directly because i live on the 4th floor and the sales rep said they won't do an install that high up. how true that is i do not know.
So what was all this about ? I wonder about the install issues on 4th floor seems bogus.

i don't know what there problem with doing an install on a 4th floor is the sales rep said they won't install from the 3rd floor up. and the sales reps told me everything from insurance reasons to eletical codes.

Sounds like a RETAILER sold them the equipment NOT an installer. The retailer probably didnt wanna deal with the install or already did the install and now the CONFUSION LIES IN WHAT REP TOLD WHO WHAT (DISH CORPORATE, RETAILER, DNS TECH). I believe the retailer dropped the ball and made some quick money on the equipment sale with no labor as well as no explaination of accounting and the options. Most likely a DNS tech won't do the install but neither will directv corporate guys. HOWEVER, a retailer can but probably didnt wanna deal with it. I say the retailer dropped the ball here.

I'd think D* & E* would have similar rules. But this might be why they went thru [strike]an installer[/strike] a retailer instead of Dish. Still, doesn't seem to track right.

Last edited:
no the installer didn't contact dish. would you pay 200 dollars to have your receivers turned on??
The installer almost always calls Dish to set up the account.

You clearly don't seem to be getting the picture that there are many issues at hand here and you are confused about a number of things.

One may also ask, why did you get a Hopper if you live in a presumably relatively small apartment?

You clearly don't seem to be getting the picture that there are many issues at hand here and you are confused about a number of things.

One may also ask, why did you get a Hopper if you live in a presumably relatively small apartment?
Hopper and joey was gift according to OP. Hopper and joey works in small apartment , unless its a one room!

Hopper and joey was gift according to OP. Hopper and joey works in small apartment , unless its a one room!
You are probably right. In a small house you can pluck holes in floors and walls. Apartments, not so much.

sounds EXACTLY like dish. we have always had an activation account. when we disconnected a few years back, we were gone for ~1 year. we decided to come crawling back.........

dish WOULD NOT give us any new customer promotions, and wanted $150 UPFRONT to reactivate the account. spoke with Claude to try and get around this, and he told me the only way around it was to sign a 2-year agreement and get leased equipment. wasn't willing to do that at the time, so we paid the money. that amount,however, was credited to our account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)