Dish Network is weatherproof??????

Briguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Dish Network Signal is weatherproof??????

After last night I think its gotta be. Here is the setup:

- Torrential Rainfall

- Sustained winds in excess of 65mph for 10 minutes

- Nickel sized hailed for about 10 minutes

Never once did I lose signal. Very impressive. I remember my old set up prior to the Dish 500 setup. That thing would lose signal quite a bit.

Local Storm Report

It is all in how the dish is mounted and how strong the signal strenght is on a clear day. A dish satem surviving Mother Nature is not relevant of the service provider but the installer and installation.

rficken00 said:
It is all in how the dish is mounted and how strong the signal strenght is on a clear day. A dish satem surviving Mother Nature is not relevant of the service provider but the installer and installation.

indeed... also of note is the size and spread of the raind drops. if they are really close together itll kill signal in a strong mist but if they are spread out it wont ever kill it. I dont think i lost signal but once or twice when i was with dish. Ive only lost once since switching to direct but there was a tornado less than 2 miles away.

Yeah the installers for this system was a local run business. They cared about their work.

Hi, first time writing. I wanted to mention last night in central Mass, a storm went throught he area. I didn't lose the signal while it was raining, but as soon as the lightning came, I lost the signal off and on while it was in the area. I probably lost it 5 times within the hour. After the lightning was by, all was well.

It rained basically everyday last week up to yesterday.

I lost signal everyday :(

timbo_73 said:
Hi, first time writing. I wanted to mention last night in central Mass, a storm went throught he area. I didn't lose the signal while it was raining, but as soon as the lightning came, I lost the signal off and on while it was in the area. I probably lost it 5 times within the hour. After the lightning was by, all was well.

Welcome to satguys! My parents have dish network, for 4 years, and have lost signal twich, both reallly really bad rain storms, and both for only a minute, they have been lucky! but welcome to satguys.

Briguy, sounds like Eastern Nebraska/Western Iowa area. I did'nt loose mine at all either. Where you at??

As the clouds gather and get really dense, my signal will go away. Once the rain starts, the signal usually returns. However, if there is lightening involved, I don't know what happens because I unplug everything.

Briguy said:
After last night I think its gotta be. Here is the setup:

- Torrential Rainfall

- Sustained winds in excess of 65mph for 10 minutes

- Nickel sized hailed for about 10 minutes

Never once did I lose signal. Very impressive. I remember my old set up prior to the Dish 500 setup. That thing would lose signal quite a bit.

Local Storm Report

we had that in MN on Tuesday night....wasn't up to check the satellite dish though :)

Last thunderstorm we had here, 110 was lost but 119 signal remained. I have DISH Pro 500 equipment. I thought with that LNB during bad weather if you lost one the other side would be lost also?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)