DISH Network June 3rd FAQ's

:up

Don't sign up for anything. Check online and in the option HD for Life see if you're already enrolled.
I think I said it above but I did go to my account and it said I have hd250 for $10 a month and hd platinum at $10 a month. When I click on hd for life it says I needed to pay $99 or sing up for a 24 month agreement. As I think I also stated above I have only been a dish customer for 1 1/2 years under our current contract name.

I think I said it above but I did go to my account and it said I have hd250 for $10 a month and hd platinum at $10 a month. When I click on hd for life it says I needed to pay $99 or sing up for a 24 month agreement. As I think I also stated above I have only been a dish customer for 1 1/2 years under our current contract name.

Oh ok, sorry. Don't sign anything yet, you should be grandfathered to HD for Life.

I too am bundled through CenturyLink. I just called 866-301-5095 and the answering machine said "Thank you for calling Dish Network through CenturyLink, formerly Embarq". I then pressed 4 for billing. The very helpful young lady explained everything was set up for the HD Free for Life plus Platinum for $10 and if I wanted to drop the Platinum I would save $10 and still have HD for Life. I have AT250 she said. Although when I checked my statement online just now it said AEP. I'll cross that bridge if the water ever gets ankle deep :)
Thanks.

Why not? It is free if you have auto pay and HD & plat together for $10.00 before June 3rd. It will never be charged again on your bill if you keep subscribing to at least HD top 120 and keep auto pay.

Why not? It is free if you have auto pay and HD & plat together for $10.00 before June 3rd. It will never be charged again on your bill if you keep subscribing to at least HD top 120 and keep auto pay.
Today is the 6th and I just signed up for autopay. Had been paying month to month but always on time. I thought the offer was good anytime after the 3rd.

LOCALS SITUATION WITH NEW PRICING

For anyone else not currently paying for locals through DISH, you may be interested in this information. You are no longer able to drop locals from your package. What that means is that if you currently subscribe to DISH and aren't paying for locals (you've always had the option to drop locals from your package) you won't be able to do that if you change your package.

This was confirmed through an online chat. I currently have America's Top 120 for $34.99/month and am receiving locals OTA into my DISH HD DVR. I was paying $10.00/month for HD + Platinum.

My bill has switched to the following:
America's Top 120 - $34.99
AT120 HD - $0.00
Platinum HD - $10.00

So I'm paying $44.99/month for America's Top 120 + HD + Platinum.

However, if I decide to drop Platinum I also have to change my package to AT120, AT200 or AT250 WITH locals (so $39.99, $54.99 or $64.99 per month).

Therefore, if I were to drop Platinum from my line-up and add it at a later time my price would go to $49.99/month instead of the $44.99/month I'm paying now (without locals through DISH). I don't watch many of the Platinum HD channels, but for the time being I'm going to keep what I have since a change would only result in netting me $5.00/month. I like that I don't have to subscribe to locals through DISH (even if that means no guide information for my OTA channels).

Hope that helps others curious about this situation.

Last edited:
RussTC3

My original reason for subscribing to locals is to get the program guide information for repeat recordings.

Then one of my locals started having OTA transmitter problems so I switched to getting that channel through the satellite. They eventually fixed the problem (took months) and now another station is doing the same. Its somewhat a pain to reprogram my repeat recordings but at least I can get them this way.

For the $5, I think its money well spent.

The only existing customers getting free HD for life are those who are getting billed $10 a month for HD & Platinum together.

If you were paying for HD and Platinum as a seperate line items then you do not qualify and need to pay the $99 one time fee, or agree to a 24 month commitment with Credit Card Auto Pay and Paperless billing.

Scott is right. I logged in to my account and it's already showing that I have top 250 for $64.99, 250 HD Free, and Platinum HD $10.00. I didn't do anything to get this besides having the old hd + platinum.

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones, had SilverHD for $10 on my package...commit for two more years and get $10 off my bill with Free For Life. I have a bad feeling about this though.

Not sure where to post this. I assume in this large thread.

E* finally fixed my bill statement! I'm no longer paying for "Gold HD"
Although, the fee is still the same, give or take $150/month.

What they did to fix things was removed Gold HD and added "HD 250" for the same price at $10.
I'm also paying the extra $10 for Platinum HD.

English packages:
Satellite TV Programming & Digital TV Packages - DISH Network

HD packages:
HDTV - HD Channels & 1080P HDTV Most High Definition From DISH

All lines up with my monthly bill, I think.

:D

How do existing customers add HD Free for Life?

Existing customers have 2 options to add HD Free for Life. A customer who already has HD equipment at their house but does not subscribe to HD programming can go on Satellite TV - HD Satellite Television - DISH 1.800.823.4929 and select the 24-month commitment, AutoPay and Paperless billing to receive HD Free for Life or pay the one-time, $99 HD Programming Upgrade Fee

The existing customer who doesn’t have HD equipment should call DISH Network to upgrade their equipment through DISH’n It Up. Once their equipment is received, they can then go to Satellite TV - HD Satellite Television - DISH 1.800.823.4929 and select the 24-month commitment, AutoPay, and Paperless billing or pay the one-time, $99 Programming Upgrade Fee.

What happens to an existing customer who currently subscribes to HD programming?

A customer who subscribes to HD & Platinum will automatically be enrolled in HD Free for Life with no additional requirements. This customer will automatically be enrolled in the new HD Platinum package at $10 per month as well, resulting in no price change on their bill.

A customer who subscribes to HD Bronze, Silver, or Gold (yes they still exist!) can upgrade to HD Free for Life just as an existing customer who has HD equipment, but no programming. They MUST go to Satellite TV - HD Satellite Television - DISH 1.800.823.4929 and sign up for the 24-month commitment, AutoPay, and Paperless Billing. If they do not want to go online or meet these requirements, a customer can call DISH Network and pay the one-time $99 HD Upgrade Fee.

Wow, so let me get this straight. A customer who knew to call up dish and request that they drop the separte $10 fees for the combined fee will now also be enrolled in this free HD for life deal for free? So, customers who dish was screwing before by charging double for HD and plat. will now be rewarded by having to pay $99 or sign on for 2 more years to get the same thing free?

I know that for people with the combined package that it will equate to the same thing, bascially being a billing line item change, so grandfathering them in makes sense, but why not extend that to all the subs? It has always seemed shady that they have these different deals and don't just apply the best deal to their subs. I had to tell my Dad to call up dish to just bill him for the single $10 fee, he was getting double charged for about 5 months. As I, he took a pretty dim view of that.

Wow, so let me get this straight. A customer who knew to call up dish and request that they drop the separte $10 fees for the combined fee will now also be enrolled in this free HD for life deal for free? So, customers who dish was screwing before by charging double for HD and plat. will now be rewarded by having to pay $99 or sign on for 2 more years to get the same thing free?

I know that for people with the combined package that it will equate to the same thing, bascially being a billing line item change, so grandfathering them in makes sense, but why not extend that to all the subs? It has always seemed shady that they have these different deals and don't just apply the best deal to their subs. I had to tell my Dad to call up dish to just bill him for the single $10 fee, he was getting double charged for about 5 months. As I, he took a pretty dim view of that.

No where does it say that you will have to pay $99 or get a 2 year sub extension. It says "A customer who subscribes to HD & Platinum will automatically be enrolled in HD Free for Life with no additional requirements. This customer will automatically be enrolled in the new HD Platinum package at $10 per month as well, resulting in no price change on their bill." I interpret that as getting a $10 reduction if you are already paying $10 for HD and then $10 for Platinum.....

No where does it say that you will have to pay $99 or get a 2 year sub extension. It says "A customer who subscribes to HD & Platinum will automatically be enrolled in HD Free for Life with no additional requirements. This customer will automatically be enrolled in the new HD Platinum package at $10 per month as well, resulting in no price change on their bill." I interpret that as getting a $10 reduction if you are already paying $10 for HD and then $10 for Platinum.....

Interesting... I read it as the combined line item. Since dish didn't drop the $10 fee last time for either me or my dad without us calling, I'm not sure that they'll drop it this time round either. I won't know first hand since neither of us is currently paying the double charge.

Scott is right. I logged in to my account and it's already showing that I have top 250 for $64.99, 250 HD Free, and Platinum HD $10.00. I didn't do anything to get this besides having the old hd + platinum.
I experienced something simillar. :cool:

I can not believe how confusing this is. My account shows that I would need to pay the $99 to get HD for life but in reading Dish TV Blog:

Do the existing customers qualify for the offer?
The existing customers can also enjoy the offer. Customers subscribing to the $10/mo. “HD Platinum” package on or before June 3, 2010, will be automatically graduated into “HD Free for Life” without even being required to enter into a 24-month “HD Free for Life” agreement or to pay the HD Programming Upgrade Fee of $99.

I should be grandfathered in as I have always had the Gold HD along with the Platinum HD!
At this time I will wait to see my next bill ..................:confused::confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)