DISH Network June 3rd FAQ's

My fear with this is that they will pull the same crap they did with those HD only packages a while back. I don't want to pay $99 or sign up for 2 years with them only to have them add more HD channels in a few months and then them not include it for the guys who have HD for life. That's why I'm undecided if I want to sign up for this or not.

I'm an AT&T bundled customer with HD Platinum and I was upgraded automatically. The catch is that the website has a bug in it where it still thinks you need to either commit for 24 months or pay $99 even though you were automatically upgraded.

I of course paid the money without knowing about my auto upgrade. After finding this forum, I called Dish and had them refund the charge. It took me three different CSRs to finally get one who confirmed that I had been auto upgraded. They have to look somewhere in the full history to see it, some detailed history screen not just the main one that they look at. If you're persistent you can get them to confirm the auto-upgrade and won't have to go through the pain of getting a refund.

So, did you call AT&T or Dish? I want to upgrade to the HD but am not sure if I should call CenturyLink or DIsh.

I'm glad I followed Scott's advice and just sat and watch...just checked my programming page on the Dish website and under "Current Programming" it shows "HD Platinum" $10.00 and "HD 200 Free" $0.00...So I take that as I have my "HD Free for Life"...
correct?!

Ghpr13:)

I'm glad I followed Scott's advice and just sat and watch...just checked my programming page on the Dish website and under "Current Programming" it shows "HD Platinum" $10.00 and "HD 200 Free" $0.00...So I take that as I have my "HD Free for Life"...
correct?!

Ghpr13:)

Yep.

Just got my bill and it went up $1. Multisport is now $7.00. I don't recall reading about an increase for this. I guess NFL Redzone rates for DISH are going up.

now my complaint . . .

how come I have paid for everything for several years now and now have HD for life for free, but I still cannot get ESPN Classic . . . why do I have to subscribe to that???

Guess I will have to tell my buddy he missed the boat now for the free hd. Sounds like he should have subbed to the hd for 10 and he would have free hd for life thing and have platinum. Still confused....

Maybe someone can answer this.
I'm a new customer. Start date was May 3, 2010.
I'm already under a 24 month commitment (23 months to go).
I have the America's Top 120, Auto pay, Paperless billing.
Will I get the HD upgrade on with my remaining 23 month commitment?

So, did you call AT&T or Dish? I want to upgrade to the HD but am not sure if I should call CenturyLink or DIsh.
I too am bundled through CenturyLink. I just called 866-301-5095 and the answering machine said "Thank you for calling Dish Network through CenturyLink, formerly Embarq". I then pressed 4 for billing. The very helpful young lady explained everything was set up for the HD Free for Life plus Platinum for $10 and if I wanted to drop the Platinum I would save $10 and still have HD for Life. I have AT250 she said. Although when I checked my statement online just now it said AEP. I'll cross that bridge if the water ever gets ankle deep :)

Just want to know how to get ho for life if not on autopay. I have paperless billing and hd with platinum separate plus top 250 and multi sport. Have been under contract for about 1 1/2 years so have not completed my 2 year sign up

Just want to know how to get ho for life if not on autopay. I have paperless billing and hd with platinum separate plus top 250 and multi sport. Have been under contract for about 1 1/2 years so have not completed my 2 year sign up

You're probably already enrolled in HD for Life if you had HD & Platinum before June 3rd. You could login online and check. How much were you paying for your HD & Platinum?

You should automatically get it with no other requirement since you already have HD+Plat. Have you checked your account online?

Basic Programming: America's Top 250 $64.99 Premiums Channels:
A La Carte and Add-ons:
HD 250 $10.00
MSG $0.00
MSG Plus $0.00
HD Platinum $10.00
Service Plan (15/0) $6.00
Multisport $7.00

This is what my bill reads

Just got off the line with chat person and they said it was $99 or be forced to sign up with autopay. Do I really need to do that? I have heard horror stories about autopay before.

Just signed up for autopay and want to know if I need to sign up for free hd or will my bill next month state this. I don't want to get locked into another 24 month commitment. Right now when I go to my account and click hd250 for free it says:

How Can I Get HD For Life?

Option 1: 24-Month Commitment with AutoPay and Paperless Billing

• You provide a 24 month commitment (with a prorated $240 cancellation fee if you disconnect your DISH account prior to the end of your commitment)
  • You have and keep your DISH account on AutoPay. When you first sign up for AutoPay, we require payment for any balance on your account in order to make your AutoPay status effective immediately.
  • You have and keep your DISH account on Paperless Billing. With Paperless Billing, you can always see your exact same statement on dish.com/mybill and you will receive an email reminder each month when your new statement is ready to be viewed.

Option 2: One-Time Non-Refundable $99 Payment

• You pay a one-time non-refundable $99 HD programming upgrade fee

Just signed up for autopay and want to know if I need to sign up for free hd or will my bill next month state this. I don't want to get locked into another 24 month commitment. Right now when I go to my account and click hd250 for free it says:

DO NOT do anything right now. You ARE eligible to be grandfathered into Free HD. It is probable that your account does not yet reflect the change due to your billing cycle. There have been others here who have rushed into things and paid when they did not have to. Your Chat CSR obviously did not take into account your current HD status. Wait a week or so, or better yet, till you get your next statement.

Read this from Retailer info:

What happens to an existing customer who currently subscribes to HD programming?

A customer who subscribes to HD & Platinum will automatically be enrolled in HD Free for Life with no additional requirements. This customer will automatically be enrolled in the new HD Platinum package at $10 per month as well, resulting in no price change on their bill.

DO NOT do anything right now. You ARE eligible to be grandfathered into Free HD. It is probable that your account does not yet reflect the change due to your billing cycle. There have been others here who have rushed into things and paid when they did not have to. Your Chat CSR obviously did not take into account your current HD status. Wait a week or so, or better yet, till you get your next statement.

Read this from Retailer info:

What happens to an existing customer who currently subscribes to HD programming?

A customer who subscribes to HD & Platinum will automatically be enrolled in HD Free for Life with no additional requirements. This customer will automatically be enrolled in the new HD Platinum package at $10 per month as well, resulting in no price change on their bill.

:up

Don't sign up for anything. Check online and in the option HD for Life see if you're already enrolled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)