Dish Network L Band help.....please!!!!!

orlandor1

Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
I am installing (3) 1.2m dishes to pick up (1) 110, (2) 118.75 & 119, (3) 129 and have (6) RG-11 cable run 200' This is where I am thinking of adding and amp and slope compensator along with a directional coupler for future additions, each dish has (2) RG-11's per dish if I need them. After I amp up and split the signal I then have a 430' RG-11 cable run that will then need tothe next location where I will feed 5 different locations plus the one I have just hit ....footage to the 5 places is roughly around 200'-400' I am curious to find out what type of equipment to use and if this design will work. Would it be better to put an amp in the main location before I split the signal 6 ways to the different locations. I am looking for suggestions because I am not that familiar with dish network. Would I use regular lnb's or should I stack the signal, not sure if that would be the best because of the cable footage. Thanks for your help!!!!!!!

dang man, Usually these end up on a forum near the top of the list. :) Wrong forum stuff related to satellite doesn't usually sink down here to the home theater section.

Btw welcome to satguys, I see Iceberg already got ya fixed up in the right section

Last edited:
Well, DIsh does not providing separate LNBF for 118.75W ( circular FSS), so going with good idea use only legacy LNBFs will bring you to Sonora's switches and amplifiers and FOUR dishes with self made Ku-FSS LNBF - use regular Ku and insert plastic ( see my pictures for 118.75W solution ).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts