Dish network monthly bill

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mnsportsman

Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
minnesota
Hi, I am considering dumping comcast digital starter with a HD box currently paying about 80.00 a month. If I sign up with Dish network what would my bill look like with Americas top 250 with local channels and HD. equipment would be a HD DVR (one room) + HD receiver (one room) and a SD receiver to be shared by 2 rooms.( same program viewing on 2 tvs) Will Dish network install a 4 room setup using 3 receivers or do you need the SD receiver to be a Dual receiver to have Dish install the equipment for free? Bottom line what would my monthly bill look like after taxes and dvr fee and additional receiver fee. After the 1 year promotional period ends I assume my bill would only increase by 15.00 ( or whatever the prevailing programming cost would be) My best guess would be around 78.00 before taxes (promotional) and 93.00 thereafter. Am I close?

Well Top 250 is $62.99 including locals for a VIP 612 HD DVR 1 room
$10 for HD platinum combo
$6 DVR fee
$14 for an addtional Dual room VIP 222 HD SD receiver.
OR still $14 for 2 Single room HD or SD receivers a 211 and 311
Total $92.99 + Tax

I don't know if they will hook up 2 tv's to the same single tuner receiver. That you may have to do yourself.

You better specify you want 2 serperate receivers for the other 2 rooms, Because they will most likly send a 222. 95 % chance.
Now a 222 can still up to 4 rooms 2 different Programs. If you know what your doing.

Well, here is what I pay in a somewhat similar package (I have a 622 in one room and a 612 in another so that is two DVRS):

hdr solo fee - 10.00
Service Plan - 6.00
America Everything with locals - 99.99
DVR Fee - 6.00
HD & Plantinum - 10.00

With taxes it comes to $140.43 a month

Seems high to me but that is what they charge.

Hi, I am considering dumping comcast digital starter with a HD box currently paying about 80.00 a month. If I sign up with Dish network what would my bill look like with Americas top 250 with local channels and HD. equipment would be a HD DVR (one room) + HD receiver (one room) and a SD receiver to be shared by 2 rooms.( same program viewing on 2 tvs) Will Dish network install a 4 room setup using 3 receivers or do you need the SD receiver to be a Dual receiver to have Dish install the equipment for free? Bottom line what would my monthly bill look like after taxes and dvr fee and additional receiver fee. After the 1 year promotional period ends I assume my bill would only increase by 15.00 ( or whatever the prevailing programming cost would be) My best guess would be around 78.00 before taxes (promotional) and 93.00 thereafter. Am I close?

You could just get a duo and send tv2 to two rooms. The first receiver is included, so you would only need an extra 211k for the hd set which is $7 a month for the extra receiver. I would stay away from the solo dvr 612, had a lot of problems. It should not be a problem for the tech to setup 3 rooms with the 722k, just got one installed today and it has all that stuff in the manual on how to do it so it should be fine, you just split the tv2 modulator single to however many tvs you want, you would just need to get another remote.
AT 250 is $62.99
$10 for HD & platinum
$6 DVR fee
$7 211k
Total pre tax- 85.99 2nd year,
first year 70.99

Jonhern, I agree with you. Put in the 722 as your main receiver and run tv2 to 2 TVs. Both TVs would have the DVR. Then your 2nd HDTV can be hooked up with a 211. Best way to go price and equipment wise.

See I would rather have a 722, yes , But I also want to be able to record live tv and watch live tv at the same time. This can't be done on a 722 if somone is in the bedroom trying to watch tv on the other tuner.
So thats Why I feel the 612 and a 222 is a better Option the a 722 and a 211.

Programing + $20 gets you a 722 ($6 DVR fee) , 211 ($7) ,211 ($7)
722 can be used in single TV mode like a 612 with a bigger hard drive.

or

Programing + $20 gets you a 612 ($6 DVR fee) , 211 ($7) ,211 ($7)

or

Programing + $16 gets you a 222 (included) & a 612 ($10 & $6 DVR fee)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)