Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just spoke to a bunch of contacts from Dish.

And here is what I was told...

First up the Charlie Chat is 9pm EST not 10PM EST as listed in the guides. I have sent and email and this error will be corrected in the EPG.

It appears that the 921 will be delayed another week so that the software guys have a chance to put the final wraps on the software. So we are looking at the 15th now for 921's.

HBO HD and Showtime HD SHOULD be on 110 next week.

A 721 software upgrade is being sent out today, this should correct many of the problem users have reported since the last update. Dish has also asked me to remind people that when your not using your 721 to put it in standby mode (i.e. power it off from the remote or power button on the front of the unit) When the unit is in Standby mode is does some housekeeping which keeps things running smoother. :)

BTW don't forget we will be holding a live Charlie Chat... Chat here on Monday Night, and during the chat DishStore.NET will be giving away from great prizes! I sneeked a peek into "Santa Claudes" magic bag and I think I spotted a couple of Progressive Scan DVD players and other goodies as well!

Full details about Mondays chat will be posted to our main homepage soon! We hope to see you there!

Any further hint at shipping quantities for the 921, or are we still at or around 200 units for initial availability from Dish?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE would E* reconsider WCBS-DT !?!

Why have a singleton on the wings for HD?

hancox said:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE would E* reconsider WCBS-DT !?!

Why have a singleton on the wings for HD?

Are you forgetting about the Special Events channel where the NBA HD games are supposed to be? What about bringing back the HD-PPV channel that the 61.5 folks lost a number of weeks ago? IMHO they can loose the demo channel, just let the show rooms show HDNet, if I remember D* was using that for their demo channel (but enable it only for showroom STB's) when it first came out.

While it was not stated I would expect the HD Events channel to make the move as well.

As for Starz HD, I KNOW Dish has an agreement for this channel. Perhaps Charlie will be in Santa mode on Monday and give all a nice Christmas treat! :) (Im not saying he will, but it would be nice!)

Scott Greczkowski said:
While it was not stated I would expect the HD Events channel to make the move as well.

As for Starz HD, I KNOW Dish has an agreement for this channel. Perhaps Charlie will be in Santa mode on Monday and give all a nice Christmas treat! :) (Im not saying he will, but it would be nice!)

Wasn't that supposed to be your DEC 1 surprise ?

Scott Greczkowski said:
It appears that the 921 will be delayed another week so that the software guys have a chance to put the final wraps on the software. So we are looking at the 15th now for 921's.

Frustrating. But it will be even more frustrating is if the 921 ships without all aspect modes enabled as did the 811. The 811 won't get set up in the home theater until the aspect modes are enabled. I can live with that for a while. But if the 921 ships the same way after all this time and another week's delay, I will be very disappointed in Dish.

Scott Greczkowski said:
It appears that the 921 will be delayed another week [...] So we are looking at the 15th now for 921s.
Scott -

Any word on whether they'll be rolling out the Free Dish 921 + HDTV combo then?

I guess I won't have to put up that second dish after all

not that it would have been a big deal but 1 dish will be nice
my install for 811 and dish 500 on 12-14 a few days after the move

thanks again for great info Scott

My idea is,once they remove HBO&SHO from 61.5 they may come back with more HD at 61.5 in 8PSK form making more room for more channels. makes it rough on 5000 owners though. Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts