Dish Network News for Friday Dec 5th.

MRUSS said:
My idea is,once they remove HBO&SHO from 61.5 they may come back with more HD at 61.5 in 8PSK form making more room for more channels. makes it rough on 5000 owners though. Mike

I suspect you may be wright except E* will waite to add new HD channels on 61.5/148 for the DPP44 switch to be ready so the subs in 105/121 SD markets can do both a SD and a D300. :)

Considering the $149 6000 and now 811 offers, the 5000 users have had plenty of opportunity to upgrade to 8PSK.

Cyclone said:
Considering the $149 6000 and now 811 offers, the 5000 users have had plenty of opportunity to upgrade to 8PSK.

Yea, and I don't think Dish ever advertised the 5000 as a method for recording HDTV. So personally I'm not too sympathetic to those that lose that capability when switching to the 6000 or the 811.

OTOH, Dish should follow through and add firewire support to the 921.

Speaking of the 921, chances are looking dimmer and dimmer that my daughter will be getting a 6000 for Xmas (which would happen if I could give mine up due to it being replaced by a 921). I wonder how many engineering managers at E* are losing their Xmas bonuses over blowing the holiday shopping season.

Scott --
When you say HBO & SHO will be on 110 -- does that mean *mirrored* or *moved*????

I seriously hope it's the former...

-Matt

Mirrored (It will be in 8psk on 110) However the HBO and Showtime on the Wing satellites will not stay there too long, so if you got an old system or need a 8psk module I would do it soon) :)

HD + 61.5

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yes Matt they will, however dont expect them to stay there for more then a few months.

Scott,

Is there any word on whether or not CBS East & West will also move to 110?

That is the only reason I will need to install a separate dish if the answer is no.

Dave

Need for 148?

I currently have the Dish 500, with locals, HBO and Showtime. On Friday 12/5, I ordered the 811 on the $149 deal, and also a separate dish to pick up the 148 (I live in Northern California). Delivery and install set for the 12th. I already get my locals with the Dish 500. Now with HBO-HD and Showtime-HD moving to the 110, is there any reason for me to get the second dish for the 148? I am thinking I should cancel that piece and save the $100.

I currently have the Dish 500, with locals, HBO and Showtime. On Friday 12/5, I ordered the 811 on the $149 deal, and also a separate dish to pick up the 148 (I live in Northern California). Delivery and install set for the 12th. I already get my locals with the Dish 500. Now with HBO-HD and Showtime-HD moving to the 110, is there any reason for me to get the second dish for the 148? I am thinking I should cancel that piece and save the $100.

If you are eligible for San Francisco locals and subscribe to them, I believe dish should provide you with a 148 dish along with the necessary switches free of charge. Call dish and tell them you are missing channels such as KRON 4 or KTEH 54. And ask them if they will install the 148 dish for free.

Any more definitive timing on the HBO & SHO mirroring on 110. I guess I didn't need that replacement SW64 after all.

Re: Need for 148?

alocher said:

HD PPV and HD Events are still on 148.

Plus, on Monday Charlile will announce StartZ! HD and Bravo HD on 61.5/148! (Er, uh, I can dream, can't I?) ;)

I should have specified -- I live in Sacramento, so I can get all the locals I am eligible for from the Dish 500.

West coast CBS-DT feed would be the biggest reason.

Aren't the two largest markets in California (LA and SF) owned and operated stations? If so, it might be worthwhile for the convenience factor.

Why oh why can't they get the DT stations guide information from the analog stations? The information is present in PSIP.

Cheers,

I live in Sacramento, so I can get all the locals I am eligible for from the Dish 500.

Just tell DISH that you need to see some Spanish programing on KUVS and you'll get the second dish for free installed. This channel is on the 148 sat. It will work for HD too :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)