Dish Network Nightmare

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
When Ms. Webster starts posting grammar and spelkling corrdctions, I'll start to take them into consideration. Until then we need to back off a bit and remember typos happen.

This board is based on being friendly and helpful. I'd like for it to stay that way. Petty spelling corrections and snide comments do nothing but drive away people who need help, which is the sole purpose of this website in the first place.

boba said:
PCDOC if you have calmed down reread what you wrote and use spellcheck. I would hate to admit I was worth $150,000 a year and had such bad spelling and grammar. ETC is the abbreviation for et cetera not ECT. :) :) :)
If you will read what I wrote I asked if he had calmed down, I realized he was upset at the time of the post and probably hastily posting the problem.

This experience is like many when you call Dish network and have them do you install. Why not call a local sat dealer who will be there for you if anything goes wrong. Many people like to purchase there equipment from the big company and bypass there local dealer. This is a typical story of someone who did this!

rnesky said:
This experience is like many when you call Dish network and have them do you install. Why not call a local sat dealer who will be there for you if anything goes wrong. Many people like to purchase there equipment from the big company and bypass there local dealer. This is a typical story of someone who did this!
Regardless of the company who did the install, this is a truly horrid event that took place. Local sat dealers, DNSC or Contractors all have sub standard installers in there ranks. To say that this event would not have happened or the customer would have had a better experience if a local sat dealer did the install is a stretch. Hopefully pcdoc has got all his issues resolved and is now a happy customer. The next time someone comes here for advice the attitude should be how can we help, rather that hey your grammar and spelling sucks. Hey just my 2 cents :D

just wonted to say thanks

I just wonted to say thanks to all the folks that were able to over see my spelling and grammar mistakes. ((Didn’t no there would be a quiz at the end.))

I was very upset when writing my post and just needed some input not criticism but that’s cool. I no there are people out there that just can’t help but flame others.

I have solved my problem threw my attorney and no longer need your help.

And I wouldn’t come back here if I needed it any way. I was looking for problem solvers not English Teachers.

Incompetent installers can be found anywhere. I like going through a local dealer because it adds some accountability. There have been countless posts about bad installs and scheduling problems stating that Dish can't or won't let the customer talk directly to the installer or even tell them which company it will be. That lets the problem installers hide behind a shield of anonymity.

Even the pcdoc's post was apparently written in anger and possible haste, it clearly lays out the situation. He definitely has a right to be upset. Several people suggested he contact the "executive level" CSRs at the ceo e-mail. Other than cancelling and starting fresh with a different vendor, I'm not sure what else to suggest. All we can do is offer our sympathy. I hope pcdoc has taken a few minutes to clean up his post and e-mailed it off. I also don't think I told him anything he didn't already know having reached the status he has. But this is a widely read site and too many other people think chat room shortcuts are acceptable in correspondence.

A discussion forum like this lies somewhere in between. It doesn't demand perfection, just an effort at the basics like capitalizing sentences and names, and use of at least basic punctuation like periods and question marks. Oh, and maybe choosing the right word :D

there = a place other than here
their = belonging to them
they're = they are

pcdoc said:
I just wonted to say thanks to all the folks that were able to over see my spelling and grammar mistakes. ((Didn’t no there would be a quiz at the end.))

I was very upset when writing my post and just needed some input not criticism but that’s cool. I no there are people out there that just can’t help but flame others.

And I wouldn’t come back here if I needed it any way. I was looking for problem solvers not English Teachers.
I wont to say that I no how you feel. I've gone threw the same thing.

pcdoc said:
I've often thought that a lot of people could solve their problems by throwing their attorneys. Trouble is that most of them are too big to throw very far. ;)

I don't like to pick on typos, except when they hold hidden truths. (Typos obscure communication, but they just happen sometimes.) I hope this guy's doing better now. :welcome

BobaBird said:
Incompetent installers can be found anywhere. I like going through a local dealer because it adds some accountability. There have been countless posts about bad installs and scheduling problems stating that Dish can't or won't let the customer talk directly to the installer or even tell them which company it will be. That lets the problem installers hide behind a shield of anonymity.
Hide? You can easily ask the installer what company he/she works for and get the information verified before any work is done. I get that on about 20 percent of all my jobs. Some even call a verify information before I even start. If the installer won't give you the info just say BYE. I read a lot of post on this forum about problem installs and rude installers. It just seems that people will let anyone in there house. The idea that just because someone shows up to install a dish or to perform any service on a person’s house people thinks he/she must be a professional. Well if that is the case I will be opening up a door to door doctor’s office. Who will be my first victim oops patient. Remember in god I trust all others I verify. Once again my 2 cents

bcshields said:
When Ms. Webster starts posting grammar and spelkling corrdctions, I'll start to take them into consideration. Until then we need to back off a bit and remember typos happen.

This board is based on being friendly and helpful. I'd like for it to stay that way. Petty spelling corrections and snide comments do nothing but drive away people who need help, which is the sole purpose of this website in the first place.

I agree...... I post a lot and don't always have time to proofread every mistake. I think the correct meaning can usually be ascertained though without TOO much brainpower being taxed on the part of the reader.

It also just seems that the guy who spends the most time correcting others miscues rarely has something worthwhile to add to the discussion.....

Once again, most of us are a bunch of enthusiasts who take time out of our day to help others who might be having trouble or to share ideas for the betterment of all (or at least the amusement of our fellow enthusiasts) . Petty finger wagging and insults do nothing to serve the common good. Negative comments aren't always bad, as a preponderance of bad posts re: a bug or policy change can help achieve a fix on the providers' part, but the petty comments serve no one's interest, except for maybe the ego of the person doing the correcting. (ie. well, he makes $150,000 a year, but "I" have better grammar..... yeah, OK.... congrats on that......)

BobMurdoch said:
well, he makes $150,000 a year, but "I" have better grammar..... yeah, OK.... congrats on that......)
Points well taken, but I've yet to meet someone making $150K that can't type reasonable English. ;)

Guys - as much as I hate to do it, this thread needed some serious sanitizing. We tend to be a fairly open bunch around here, but the # 1 priority for all of us should be helping along new people, regardless of nitpicky things that some of us can't look past. Remember, we were all new to this at some point.

pcdoc - I hope you'll return when you need help. Hopefully you'll get a better set of responses.

I can't believe most of you people. This guy was new and needed help. Why did yall bash him instead of help him?? I am very disappointed :mad:

Neutron said:
I can't believe most of you people. This guy was new and needed help? Why did yall bash him instead of help him?? I am very disappointed :mad:
I suppose lots of us here, as I did, really thought the original post was a joke posted by a troll. I mean telling the world that you cursed and screamed at the installers for an hour and hey I make $150K and hey my house costs $230K. And all ranting with very poor grammer and spelling, it was very hard to take it seriously.

Its great that others here were able to take it seriously and help the guy out, that's what counts.

Why would you pay so much for all that stuff? No offense but $230k house really isn't all that expensive in a lot of area's although maybe it is where you live.

Guys.

The reason SatelliteGuys is here is for users to help users.

At SatelliteGuys there is no such thing as a dumb question.

Todays newbies are tommorows experts. To the folks who were rude you were once newbies yourself, please remember that.

Sorry folks this is not DBSTalk, if you want to be rude and offer grammer and spelling lessons to folks go to DBSTalk. We are here to help everyone.

Thanks for your understanding.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts