Dish Network Nightmare!!!!!!!

chasby

Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Lost my DNS's on Dec. 1st and ordered HD receivers (622 DVR & 211) on Dec. 12th to allow simultaneous 2 channel recording. (Made all the arrangements: price and installation on Jan. 8th.)
Called Dish on 12/30/2006 and 1/06/2007 to re-validate and confirm hardware and installation date.
After Dish No-Show today, called Dish and a supervisor CSR lied and said my appointment was "always" for Jan. 10th and would positively happen on the 10th.
One hour later the local install company called and apologized that Dish had scheduled my install for Wed. Jan. 10th, and said "they haven't seen a Dish HD receiver in weeks" and they have absolutely no idea when or if they can get the HD receivers for my install.
The installer said that she would pencil me in for a Jan. 19th install if the receivers "accidently" appeared by then.
Sure enough when I again called Dish an automatic recording said that my install was now scheduled for that fictitious date, Jan. 19th.
After an endless bunch of holds I again reached a CSR supervisor who told me: "sorry, but we don't have any receivers and we don't know when they will be available."

So after over 3 frustrating hours of being lied to and being given a total hopeless run-around I stand here with no receiver upgrades and not a hint as to whether they will ever be installed.

I guess I'm just one of those customers who Dish Network has no interest in:
(10 years + on $116.00 per month auto-pay)

chasby

I hear your pain - the only thing that keeps me with Dish is that they have the best HD DVR and best HD signals. I've never liked their customer service - I've always felt like I was "just a number" to them. I really wish that Direct TV or some other provider would offer something that surpassed Dish's offerings... I'd switch in a heartbeat. Dish's online site sucks - no real technical info, no catering to tech savy customers, no forums, no answers.

1) My HDMI port stopped working on my 622. Dish's response: Wait for a software patch... I've been waiting for almost 4 months now and they still don't have a fix or any info on what is being done.

2) Use of USB port for external storage - hinted at by Dish over a year ago... nothing materializes... no info at all on any plans, not even a confirmation that it will eventually come out. No info at all on what is preventing them from turning it on as a feature.

3) Ethernet port - it's there for looks, no functionality. Why? Dish is mum.

4) Throttling back bandwidth of HD channels - turning many channels into "HD-lite" - seems like this is a growing trend these days and Dish is also beginning to do this.

Oh, well...

Last edited:
Lost my DNS's on Dec. 1st and ordered HD receivers (622 DVR & 211) on Dec. 12th to allow simultaneous 2 channel recording. (Made all the arrangements: price and installation on Jan. 8th.)
Called Dish on 12/30/2006 and 1/06/2007 to re-validate and confirm hardware and installation date.
After Dish No-Show today, called Dish and a supervisor CSR lied and said my appointment was "always" for Jan. 10th and would positively happen on the 10th.
One hour later the local install company called and apologized that Dish had scheduled my install for Wed. Jan. 10th, and said "they haven't seen a Dish HD receiver in weeks" and they have absolutely no idea when or if they can get the HD receivers for my install. So after over 3 frustrating hours of being lied to and being given a total hopeless run-around I stand here with no receiver upgrades and not a hint as to whether they will ever be installed.

The installer said that she would pencil me in for a Jan. 19th install if the receivers "accidently" appeared by then.
Sure enough when I again called Dish an automatic recording said that my install was now scheduled for that fictitious date, Jan. 19th.
After an endless bunch of holds I again reached a CSR supervisor who told me: "sorry, but we don't have any receivers and we don't know when they will be available."

I guess I'm just one of those customers who Dish Network has no interest in:
(10 years + on $116.00 per month auto-pay)

chasby
Ok...HD EQ is getting scarce..We are having difficulties more with getting dishes rather than receivers..our inventory is low because dish's inventory is low..
Now that does not excuse the mix-up...They should have told you the install was for the 10th. But it looks like the sales partner for Dish told you 1/8 so as to get you to say yes..Now it's a more realistic 1/19....Keep calling and make them keep you aware of any potential changes..Heck sometimes we get lucky on early arrival of inventory and we will call custs to see if they want get done sooner....

Such is life as a E* customer, which in my area is (unfortunately) still heads above the local cable/phone monopoly.

(BTW...nice ride in your avatar!...I'll have one of those someday!)

Heh, I hear ya DWS44 - if you're the only game in town with the goods, why bother trying to improve. I just really wish Dish was run by folks that actually cared and showed it. It really wouldn't take that much effort on their part - just beef up their online site with a good tech section and forum that actually contains info and answers to questions straight-up instead of misdirection and glossed over "sanitized for the masses" info. Give reps access to real info they can actually share with customers.

Dish could really be a great company if it were just run by folks that didn't just try to cater to the great unwashed masses and treat all their customers like idiots that need to be spoon fed everything.

Alas, I'm venting again... :eek:

Thanks for the :up on the avatar. Proud owner since '02... lots of mods... expensive toy, but worth every penny. :D

Yes keep calling everyday or so, just remember don't be a butt to the installer once they do get out, it is not their fault.

And people wonder why I absolutely refuse to have Dish set me up with an installation date for a 622/211 upgrade. I am willing to sign any waiver,disclaimer, or writ disavowing Dish from sending any technical support. I just want a damned receiver or two sent to my house! They just wont do it!

See ya
Tony

And people wonder why I absolutely refuse to have Dish set me up with an installation date for a 622/211 upgrade. I am willing to sign any waiver,disclaimer, or writ disavowing Dish from sending any technical support. I just want a damned receiver or two sent to my house! They just wont do it!

See ya
Tony

Dish sent me a 622 and allowed me to self-install. I already had a 942 that I was replacing so the swap was simple.

See ya
Tony
I find it very peculiar that Dish won't send you the EQ..However I have a plausible theory.....As I had explaind to the thread starter, HD EQ is indeed scare..We have fewer D500+/1000+ dishes on hand..We just cannot get them..We are short on HD receivers as well...This is brought on by the fact that Dish canot get them fast enough..I would assume the reason you're having to wait is twofold..One, you want the EQ which is scarce to begin with and Two, you want it sent..If the EQ is sent you'll get placed on the lowest priority...Sorry, that's just the way it is...

I find it very peculiar that Dish won't send you the EQ..However I have a plausible theory.....As I had explaind to the thread starter, HD EQ is indeed scare..We have fewer D500+/1000+ dishes on hand..We just cannot get them..We are short on HD receivers as well...This is brought on by the fact that Dish canot get them fast enough..I would assume the reason you're having to wait is twofold..One, you want the EQ which is scarce to begin with and Two, you want it sent..If the EQ is sent you'll get placed on the lowest priority...Sorry, that's just the way it is...

Which is really odd in comparison to NE Ohio. We seem to have plenty of 211's and 622's. Furthermore, isn't there talk that Dish is going to offer the 622 as a free upgrade to new connects? That would run counter to the thinking that Dish is running low on HD receivers.

Which is really odd in comparison to NE Ohio. We seem to have plenty of 211's and 622's. Furthermore, isn't there talk that Dish is going to offer the 622 as a free upgrade to new connects? That would run counter to the thinking that Dish is running low on HD receivers.
We get our EQ thru Echosphere in Atlanta....Most likely NE Ohio gets their EQ from an other distributor..For us, getting the dish kits is the real stumbling block...the recivers, not so bad..
As far as the free 622 upgrade is concerned, I have not heard...I think such an offer would be a real slap in the face to the customers who already have that EQ and paid as much as $200 for that upgrade...

We get our EQ thru Echosphere in Atlanta....Most likely NE Ohio gets their EQ from an other distributor..For us, getting the dish kits is the real stumbling block...the recivers, not so bad..
As far as the free 622 upgrade is concerned, I have not heard...I think such an offer would be a real slap in the face to the customers who already have that EQ and paid as much as $200 for that upgrade...

The free deal was just announced at CES a few days back. It's still a bit murky whether existing customers are eligible. And yes...I agree...it's a total kick in the crotch for the current customers if it is only available to the new subscribers

As to your distributer, you're right...we get ours from Echosphere in Denver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)