DISH Network Offers EuroNews to U.S.

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070125/euronews_dish_network.html?.v=1

DISH Network 1st in the U.S. to Broadcast EuroNews in 6 Languages

NEW YORK (AP) -- DISH Network subscribers are the first in the U.S. to get access to EuroNews, Europe's leading television news channel broadcast in six languages.
EchoStar Communications Corp. and EuroNews announced this month that EchoStar began offering the 24-hour channel on its DISH digital satellite platform on Nov. 30.

Launched in 1993 as the first multilingual, pan-European news channel, EuroNews is available in English, Italian, German, French, Russian and Portuguese.

"EuroNews' debut on EchoStar's DISH Network is great news for our International customers here in the U.S.," said Tracy Thompson, vice president of international programming for DISH Network. "This channel offers relevant news and programming that speaks directly to them and their culture."

EuroNews reaches more than 188 million households in 121 countries worldwide via cable, digital satellite and terrestrial distribution.

"We are very pleased to be an integral part of EchoStar's programming," said EuroNews Chairman and CEO Phillippe Cayla. "EuroNews is a highly valued service that delivers international news with a unique and objective perspective."

EchoStar serves more than 12.75 million satellite TV customers through DISH NetworkTM

Wow talk about a late press release.

And only if we were all getting it instead of just those subscribed to it or select foriegn packages.

Wow talk about a late press release.

And only if we were all getting it instead of just those subscribed to it or select foriegn packages.

Damn, I like to check that out. I use to go with a girl from england. I love the way the english women sound. It make my di-------- Oopsss. I'm sorry, I got too wrap up in my thoughts there. Aaaaaaaaaaahhh the summer and winter of 1999. I almost married that girl.