Dish network plus dish

Try explaining what you have. There is no Dish Pro Plus dual, there is a DPP TWIN. What is a network 500 do you mean a dish 500? "Will the DP dish work with my current receivers?", well if they are Directv receivers the answer is no , you forgot to tell us what receivers you have.

Current system is Dish network receivers, DP 301, and dish 500 dish with dual LNB. I pickup a Dish network Oval dish with 3 lenses. And the LNB has on it DP Plus. The oval dish has a Dual LNB like my dish 500, and a third lense seperated from the other lenses. 00 0. (Just like the 0's.) I tried to hook up the oval dish to my receivers but could not find any satellites. It looked like it found 109 but didn't acquired. I double check the settings on the dish and moved it around but still couldn't find any satellites. So the question is, is the oval dish that I acquired compatibly with the dish network receivers, DP 301, that I current have. If so why can't I get a signal.

A Plus Dish has the word Plus on the dish itself and is much larger than a Dish 500.

Your Dish 500 probably does not have a dual, which is one LNB with 2 outputs. It either has a DP Plus Twin (DPPlus logo, if it is like the one on your new dish), or the DP (dp logo) or legacy Twin (no logo).

The dish you picked up sounds like the early Dish 1000. It uses a DPP Twin for 110/119 and a Dual for 129 fed into the DPP Twin's input. Once you get it aimed properly, and do a Check Switch so the receiver knows about the extra sat, you will gain some PI channels on 129.

More at EKB: Dish Types, EKB: What's this Twin LNBF I've heard about? and EKB: Free Public Interest Programming Package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)