DISH NETWORK® EXPANDS LOCAL HD OFFERINGS IN SIX MARKETS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Maybe areas that have fewer trees and hills are not getting the HD channels yet due to the fact that they are able to be picked up a lot easier with an outdoor antenna than those areas with worse terrain for the signals. They must be going after markets that have a harder time picking them up on an antenna and those areas that have space on their spotbeams. They might also not have contract renewals yet for all the stations so they may be waiting for that.

Nice work Digi, that is impressive.

The good thing about living in the unused spotbeam coverage area of one of those satellites is that you know, right now, that Dish hasn't forgotten about you. Dish's plan is to provide coverage for you, or they wouldn't have a spotbeam pointing at you. It's also true, of course, that if the local stations refuse retransmission consent, or Dish can't mannage the uplink on a current basis, you are sorely SOL unless you have an alternative you can use...

Most of the viewers on this forum will remember, I'm sure, that one of the primary benefits of the OTA 8VSB broadcasting system is that it will throw a signal a heck of a long way and is ideal for the plains states. (For the heavily populated east coast and mountainous regions it's not so good, of course, but most of those areas have cable coverage if they don't like the service of their satellite provider(s).) Dish may be taking those factors into account in some instances when bringing new resources on line.

As an eastern arc Dish viewer I'm always interested in seeing WA capacity enhanced, since I know that sooner, rather than later, any WA CONUS capability will be mirrored on the EA.

Regards,
Fitzie

I wish the same thing. I have a deep fringe antenna atop a 60' tower and can even get Shreveport when I turn the rotor in that direction. I live about 40 miles north of Tyler and have no trouble getting HD-OTA. I recently subscribed to locals just so I could have a program guide but to tell you the truth, I don't think we will ever get HD on Dish out here. The market is just too small.

Funny thing is, the market must be big enough for Direct. ARRRGGGHHH!!!

I too am frustrated with the lack of HD in Rochester, NY. DirecTV has had it for over a year now, so I would hope that would put some pressure on them. Frustrating.

As far as CW, don't you get it OTA on 13-2?

HD channels to 93 percent of the Population.

Not if you live in Rochester NY, Rochester is the 73rd largest Market in the US, but the third largest City in New York State. No Local HD, not even on Dish Networks Radar.

I'd love to get Local HD channels from satellite, in the meantime I felt the need to upgrade my 622 to a 722k so I could record more than one Local HD feed. Rochester's Local SD channels were added very early when Dish decided to move to offer local into local service, so where are Rochesters HD channels.

One other comment, why doesn't Dish offer CW HD for those markets that either don't have a local CW Affiliate, or in my case no local OTA CW HD feed (Cable only in Rochester).

John

Funny thing is, the market must be big enough for Direct. ARRRGGGHHH!!!
There is no "big enough for DirecTV" or vis-versa. Both companies will take the list of markets by size and start with the biggest and begin negotiations. If market # "x" has two stations of the four total asking for outrageous deals, why shouldn't D* or E* move on to the next market ? Should they keep negotiating until a deal is reached ? What if the next market on the list has all 3-4 stations willing to sign ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)