DISH Network(R) Introduces More Affordable Solutions

Dish Network is a little too late for most folks. I already bought a couple convertor boxes and paid the $10 difference for each one and two other coupons expired. I waited and waited for Dish to come out with their boxes but it was obvious that it was not going to happen soon enough and at the $40 price.

Dish Network is a little too late for most folks. I already bought a couple convertor boxes and paid the $10 difference for each one and two other coupons expired. I waited and waited for Dish to come out with their boxes but it was obvious that it was not going to happen soon enough and at the $40 price.

How did you get 4 coupons?

My 2 expired, never used, and I'd like to get 2 more.

I believe Guide Plus support comes with all models. Never heard of the DTVPal Plus...

Got home today and two DTVPals were waiting for me. Two bad this didn't happen after my initial order... But CS was very helpful and they took care of things for me... so it could have been much worse.

Two $40 TR-40s ordered and on the way...:)
WHERE from?? The website or did you call? After reading that from other forum postings that you couldn't purchase online if you were a current Dish sub and also order screw-ups I tried to order by calling the listed number. Got the most difficult to understand CSR I think I ever got that knew nothing. After being on hold at least half of the 25 minute call and being told they'd be shipped for $66.xx :rolleyes:( I have 2 coupons) I gave up. I did see DTVPals on Solid Signal's site for $49 but don't know if there actually in stock.

Ed

I got my TR-40 today. I set the timers, got the guide download at the next power up, and everything is fine re timers and channels as I set them. I'm going to let it sit on standby for another 3 hours and look again, but the disappearing/changing events -- I got none of that.

WHERE from?? The website or did you call? After reading that from other forum postings that you couldn't purchase online if you were a current Dish sub and also order screw-ups I tried to order by calling the listed number. Got the most difficult to understand CSR I think I ever got that knew nothing. After being on hold at least half of the 25 minute call and being told they'd be shipped for $66.xx :rolleyes:( I have 2 coupons) I gave up. I did see DTVPals on Solid Signal's site for $49 but don't know if there actually in stock.

Ed

I had the same problem, except the CSR I got spoke real English. I was told it would ship for only $33.00. To make matters worse, I got no response when I tried to email the ceo address. I'm starting to understand why I moved to Directv. Dish doesn't care for it's customers (long story I'd rather not get into.)

Too bad I still have Dish Network for my locals. Once NBC and Fox go full power digital in my DMA, and I can pick them up with the AM21 on my Directv receiver, I'm gone for good. In a few months, I'll have a hardly used 625 to sell on Ebay. (I own, so at least I can get my money back for the 625).

Edit: The DTV pal I ordered from Solid Signal arrived today. Not for as cheap as I wanted, but $20 after shipping is better than $33.00. Besides, I got the last month of locals on Dish for about $1, so I can't complain much.

Buying another receiver

E8 at 77 Local into Local

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts