DISH NETWORK® LIGHTS UP MORE NATIONAL HD CHANNELS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK® LIGHTS UP MORE NATIONAL HD CHANNELS

Announces More HD Channels Coming This Spring

Englewood, Colo. – March 12, 2009 – Today, DISH Network® launched the high definition feeds of Showtime Showcase HD, SHO2 HD, The Movie Channel HD and BET J, expanding its national HD count to up to 128 channels. In addition, DISH Network also announced that it will add BET, Comedy Central, CMT, MTV, Nickelodeon, Spike TV and VH-1 in HD this spring.

“We are excited to add new national HD channels to our growing programming line-up,” said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “Our subscribers are asking us for more HD, and we’re responding by continuing to launch new local HD markets and new national HD channels, making DISH Network the best value in the pay-TV industry.”

Showtime Showcase HD, SHO2 HD and The Movie Channel HD are located in the Showtime Unlimited package, available for just $12.99 per month. BET J is part of PlatinumHD, which can be added to any programming package for $10 per month. Existing DISH Network subscribers who upgrade to HD programming will receive PlatinumHD free for the first three months.

For more information about DISH Network’s comprehensive HD line-up, visit DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557.

I'm totally underwhelmed by these additions. BET Jazz is crummy old SD videos and the other three channels are just tiny expansions of premium channels to which I do not subscribe.

Wow. I just discovered that Charlie added KRON HD to our Bay Area locals yesterday. This station is in bankruptcy. Outside of a pretty good news department they show cheapo syndicated programs like "Entertainment Tonight" and "Dr Phil."

Wow. I just discovered that Charlie added KRON HD to our Bay Area locals yesterday. This station is in bankruptcy. Outside of a pretty good news department they show cheapo syndicated programs like "Entertainment Tonight" and "Dr Phil."

Why KRON? I am wanting Dish to add CW HD.
I watch nothing on KRON but watch a lot of CW programs.
What is Dish going to add CW HD for SF.

Why KRON? ...
I wonder if it has to do with a Retransmission Deal with Young Broadcasting?

They own (according to the map on their investors page):
WRIC - 08 - ABC in Richmond
WTEN - 10 - ABC in Albany
WLNS - 06 - CBS in Lansing
WBAY - 02 - ABC in Green Bay
KWQC - 06 - NBC in Davenport, IA
KELO - 11 - CBS in Souix Falls
KLFY - 10 - CBS in Lafayette
WKRN - 02 - ABC in Nashville
WATE - 06 - ABC in Knoxville

Are any of these recent adds to dish (or are any of them still missing)? That might be part of the answer as to why a MyTV net channel gets added over a CW... or maybe charlie likes Wrastlin over 90210.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)