DISH NETWORK® UNVEILS BIGGEST HIGH DEFINITION UPGRADE IN TV HISTORY

Sounds like big news to me. Great! My question however is, though it's nice that the receivers will output 1080p, how much content will we actually see in this format. Enough to make it worth it?

1080P 1080P 1080P Whew Whew Whew.Glad I bought future proof.

I see it as a big step into the future.
Wait till you start seeing some 1080P
programing.You will not believe that picture.

I'm glad to hear my 622 will be able to do 1080p, but isn't the HD VOD limited to only 722s?!? ...or did I miss that change in the announcement somewhere?

What about existing subs want to switch to TurboHD??
Is it still the case that TurboHD is for new subs only until Feb. 2009??

All this is great news for Dish. I'm still waiting for LOGO to be added (and have been for a couple of years). I'm giving Dish until the end of the year and then may have to switch to DirecTV. :eek:

This is outstanding news!! Sounds like it's time for me to get that 1080p TV I've been wanting!. Thanks for the info Scott

Good to see Dish become proactive! Most 720p sets will accept a 1080p signal and down rez the picture.......still a better picture. Anyway, the 150 HD channels is BIGGER news in my mind.

All this is great news for Dish. I'm still waiting for LOGO to be added (and have been for a couple of years). I'm giving Dish until the end of the year and then may have to switch to DirecTV. :eek:

You are going to probably have to wait until sometime in mid-2009, which sucks, because the new Sorted Lives series started last week. (and not to bad either)

1080P 1080P 1080P Whew Whew Whew.Glad I bought future proof.

I see it as a big step into the future.
Wait till you start seeing some 1080P
programing.You will not believe that picture.

As for the future and 150 HD Channels; the future is now and it is time for Charlie to face the facts he needs to settle up with the Dolans, Rainbow Media and Fox; and add the HD channels to really retain his NY State subs; The MSG Family of Channels, YES Network and the HD Fox Channels.

I don't care if Charlie adds 500 HD channels, but I an not gonna sit back and watch his hockey team (Colorado) in HD, while I am forced to watch Buffalo and the New York Teams in over compressed SD this October, when there are other providers (D* & TWC) available already providing HD Feeds.

Get it done Charlie and truly give us the customer service we deserve and concentrate on retaining your best subs, the ones whom spend over $100 per month.

Oh, another thought (hopefully not too pessimistic): Could this be a bad sign for the 2Q earnings report coming out next week. Some good news to soften the blow?

Good or bad news, Dish has to show investors they are equal to Direct and Cable.
I'll leave better to the individual's opinion.
Throw in some we have the best receivers.
We're launching another Satellite.
Give out the numbers and you have a 2nd Qtr. earnings report.
Wouldn't it be interesting to see 1st Qtr. earnings restated?

Great news ! . Question ,To get the 1080p will my dish have to be re-aimed to a different satellite ?
We have a 622 aimed @ 119 , 110 , 129 with HD programming now. Thanks .

Nice. 1080 24p? 1080 30p? It sure aint' gonna be 1080 60p.

Interesting that the ViP622 is included. Gonna be an interesting month.

This is good news; better than we have had in quite awhile. It is sad that some of us are so cynical that we can modulate a melodious tune into one of cachophonic warbling. :rolleyes:

Oh, another thought (hopefully not too pessimistic): Could this be a bad sign for the 2Q earnings report coming out next week. Some good news to soften the blow?
People think that Wall Street cares about "HD channel announcements" but they don't. Go look at dates when Dish has made announcements and then check their stock prices the day of the announcement and the days following. It does not change (any more than how much it normally fluctuates on a daily basis).

Their stock price was un-affected when they announced the loss of the satellite recently too. Of course, they also announced the successful launch of a different satellite, but nonetheless, their stock price has risen (very slightly) since.

My question is how does this affect the customers like myself that currently have high def but not a DVR.

Can/will they do the software upgrade for the standalone receivers like the VIP211. And will they be offering all their high def in 1080P or just the VODs.

Wow!!!

This is big. Up to now we all thought only the 722 was going to be able to accept 1080p and to get 50 more hd national channels is very big. I cannot believe some of the guys saying "we knew this already". You have got to be kidding me. You knew what part of this??
The other thing is to watch a 1080p movie next month. Many will get this movie just to view the quality of it. Including myself.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts