DISH NETWORK® UNVEILS BIGGEST HIGH DEFINITION UPGRADE IN TV HISTORY

Hey, Dish is offering it to us, it's our receivers that won't accept it ! :D

And the stock market doesn't care about "1080p" or "turbo" anything.

Hey, Dish is offering it to us, it's our receivers that won't accept it ! :D

And the stock market doesn't care about "1080p" or "turbo" anything.

Just got this email

"Congratulations! All DISH Network HD customers have been Turbo-charged! Over the next few weeks DISH Network will be reinventing high definition with an upgrade to the next generation of HD software!

Your new Turbo-charged HD features state-of-the-art technology with the highest quality HD available, including 1080p Video On Demand - same as Blu-Ray® disc quality! Plus, over 100 National HD channels now available with up to 150 by the end of the year!

As a valued customer we hope you enjoy your Turbo-charged system and the best in HD from DISH Network.
Get the most out of your new Turbo-charged HD system with even more great HD channels - test drive PlatinumHD FREE for 3 months* ($30 value).

Plus, you can get the best in HD movies with 14 HD channels from HBO and Starz FREE for three months!*

Login here or call 1-888-411-2641 for details.

In celebration of our new Turbo-charged HD, DISH Network will be offering a 1080p HD movie at a reduced price during the month of August! Watch "I Am Legend" on DISH On Demand for only $2.99 August 1-30!"

---------------------------------

So from what I get out of that only HD Pay Per View is 1080p?

The emperor has no clothes.

Sorry, but for me, this "TurboHD/1080p" thingie is the purest marketing crap, designed to make people think they're actually going to get something different and better with Dish vs. D*, CV, etc. It also smacks of desperation, Charlie trying to recoup some subscribers. I've even see evidence of reasonably intelligent people thinking Dish was offering a "1080p" service.

Sure the law allows a certain degree of marketing hype but IMO this is getting really close to the edge of what's permissible.

That's because none of us are watching them. ;)

....along with a couple hundred other channels.

That's why I went with the Absolute HD package. Not much point paying for channels that I don't watch.

I do think offering hundreds of channels have more to do with bragging rights and selling ads than people actually watching them.

Scott, is Sat Guys paying a royalty for the use of the "Snoopy" figure? Just wondering if that is a ripoff or is it legal?

And here I thought only Bob Haller could pick a fight over bizarre stuff....

Are you really going to start suggesting that NO avatars should be used without the written permission of the copyright holders? I don't think 99% of the avatars pass that test....

Scott, sometimes you just have to let the pitch hit the mitt without swinging at it...... I think this fits the bill...

Are you really going to start suggesting that NO avatars should be used without the written permission of the copyright holders? I don't think 99% of the avatars pass that test....

Scott, sometimes you just have to let the pitch hit the mitt without swinging at it...... I think this fits the bill...

+1 Don't swing at a pitch in the dirt, Scott.

I know we're all talking about the 1080p24 part of the upgrade, but didn't you guys think the audio was, how can I say this, higher resolution as well?

I wonder what the customers i disconnected last year to go with direct tv will say now..

Same thing I thought 4 years ago.

At different points in time, different providers will offer something better than the others. Cable use to have a lead on satellite, then DirectTV had a lead on on Dish and cable. Now Dish leads Direct and cable. Who knows where we'll be in 6 months.

maybe he would like a taste of my avatar? :D