Dish Network Rebates?

The courtesy ones? They were temporary. Your agreement specifically says that no compensation should be expected and you’re not entitled to any.

Doesn't matter what that agreement says lol they will still offer it and provide it if asked and they should like usual. The end user isn't expected or entitled to using Dish service either so it works both ways.
Speaking of which I need to call and get some compensation regarding this issue myself. Thanks for reminder.

Reactions: pattykay
Doesn't matter what that agreement says lol they will still offer it and provide it if asked and they should like usual. The end user isn't expected or entitled to using Dish service either so it works both ways.
Speaking of which I need to call and get some compensation regarding this issue myself. Thanks for reminder.
On an account by account basis, and it’s not for the take down. They are courtesy credits, so it does matter drastically.

Reactions: satjay
On an account by account basis, and it’s not for the take down. They are courtesy credits, so it does matter drastically.
The take-down does give people an excuse to ask for the credits, though. It also causes people (who are not specifically looking for credits) to call in and complain, at which point Dish will offer them the credits. So, indirectly, the credits are for the take-down. It is just that Dish is covered by legal language so that they do not have to automatically give the same credits to every subscriber in the same situation. This saves Dish money by not giving any credits to people who do not ask for them. This also gives Dish the chance to evaluate each account, basically saying "You are a better customer than that guy, so we will give you more credits than we gave him." Then, when this "better customer" comes to a site like this bragging about getting such a great deal, and the guy who did not get such a great deal sees the post and calls Dish back to complain, Dish is not obligated to give that guy any additional credits, just to match the deal that Dish gave to someone else. It is not the best system, but it is the system that we have, for better or for worse. Anyone who does not like it certainly has other options available. I hear AT&T loves to get complaint calls from their customers, so anyone who does not like Dish can switch to them and start bugging them instead.

That’s the thing, however. Not every customer gets a credit at all. Even if they call and ask for it. The credit is a courtesy credit to retain business based on an account by account basis. Secret to everyone. You’d get the same exact credit with or without a takedown, however with a take down, might make it go a little quicker. Bad news is with a take down, they can give a smaller credit and sell it as a value to you. Without the take down, they would just take the account into consideration and offer whatever it qualified for which sometimes can be $60/month, but when bringing up the takedown, they may only offer $10 for 10 months or something along those lines. It’s a trick game.