Dish Network receiver & Digital Phone

Omyn

Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hi all. I was hoping someone here could tell me whether or not there is a way to connect digital phone to a Dish Network receiver. Cable has just become available in my area but I think I like DN better. However, I do want to drop my existing land line phone and go with the Digital phone from the cable company. I just don't want to pay that extra $10/month to DN for not having a phone line connected. If anyone can tell me if this is possible or not I would be extremely appreciative. Thanks !!

PS - I called DN Customer Service and they were no help at all.​

you don't need a lan line as long as you connect your dn receiver to a Ethernet connection. this will eliminate the extra fee.

Yes, totally possible. I used Time Warner Digital phone's service connected to my DN receivers for Caller ID, and to avoid the DN no phone line charge. I'm currently using Earthlink's VoIP service, which also works.

if your receiver has an ethernet port
the OP does'nt say.

otherwise, yes VIOP works just fine. you might need to tweak a setting on the satellite reciever, i find that if i set it to rotary phone setting it works everytime. ahve set up many receivers this way.

if your receiver has an ethernet port
the OP does'nt say.

otherwise, yes VIOP works just fine. you might need to tweak a setting on the satellite reciever, i find that if i set it to rotary phone setting it works everytime. ahve set up many receivers this way.

the only recievers you get charged a fee for not being hooked up to a phoneline are Dual Tuner, and don't those all have Ethernet? or am on wrong on that?

well, my contract is up in June so I may just stick it out and pay the xtra $10/mo till then. I may switch to cable then anyway. I dunno, We'll see. Thanks for the info!!

with some digital phoneservices you have to set the prefix (menu 6-1-phonesetup) to *99. if that doesnt work and you dont have ethernet options, then you will be stuck with the phoneline fee.

WOW.. with all this knowledge.. no one has given the right answer.

For a person who has VOIP phone.. to make it work for dish you HAVE TO USE THE DIAL UP prefix!

This can be obtained from the isp or digital phone company.

I forgpot what vonage's was.. i think *60 or *99 or something.

I've got a VIP211 hooked up to our Linksys VoIP router (Vonage). The 622 and other 211 use DishComm with the first 211. Everything works, even caller ID, on all three receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts