DISH Network Reports Fourth Quarter 2007 Financial Results and Conf call Thread.

I don't think D* will or needs give away their HD-DVR's especially when they are making 4.4 billion dollars in profit a year. E* is giving away theirs and only making 750 million a year.
Ok, the $4.17 billion is profit before depreciation and amortization
Operating profit before depreciation and amortization in 2007 increased 23% to $4.17 billion
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1230946-post2.html
E* is reporting actual net income. E*'s operating profit before depreciation and amortization looks like $2.9 billion. See page 90 of the filing.
http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/DISH/238730147x0xS1140361-08-4989/1001082/filing.pdf
Need to compare apples to apples.
D*'s 2007 net income $1.451 billion up from 2006 net income of $1.420 billion. DirecTV - Investor Relations - News Release

DISH expects to be competitive with other video providers with 100 high- definition channels by the end of the year, Ergen said. The company currently offers about 70 high-definition channels in 34 local markets. Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) and DirecTV Group Inc. (DTV) were among the video players that did well despite the economic conditions, he said.

What the hell does 70 HD channels in 34 markets mean? Now its not national? What he can't lie in public!

Thats the only way E* can get new customers,Give equipment away. I for one wouldn't pay E* $99 for a receiver,let alone $199. If D* started giving HD DVR for free E* would be out of business. D* already out sells E*.

If D* begin to offer free HDDVR's I agree their numbers will be higher, but to say they can put E* out of business is nonsense.

Both company are doing fine, D* is better, E* is behind but still better than a lot of cable companies, and last I checked cable were saying they were doing ok too.

Not sure where you get the 2.9 billion. depreciation and amortization is 1.33 billion added to their net profit only shows 2.08 billion vs. D* 4.17 billion. All the while D* total subs are 16.8 million vs. E* 13.78 million.

Not sure where you get the 2.9 billion. depreciation and amortization is 1.33 billion added to their net profit only shows 2.08 billion vs. D* 4.17 billion. All the while D* total subs are 16.8 million vs. E* 13.78 million.
Operating income of 1.574 billion + 1.329 billion for depreciation and amortization = 2.903 billion

Then why did you say 4.4B vs. 750Mil?

D* makes more per sub than E*, it is a known fact.

Here's how I did the number (right or wrong)

2007 Net profit for the year
E* 756 million
D* 4.4 billion

Yes D* does not take out A&M but with E* that's only 1.329 billion. not sure Voyager where you add that to the 1.574 billion instead of the 756 million.

Yes D* makes more per sub then E*, but not twice as much.

That shouldn't matter anyway, I bet it costs D* more money as well since they have to provide more offerings. I bet Subscriber income VS cost is damn near the same for both companys. So I agree with you! NFL sunday ticket isn't cheap,nor is MLB and Hot pass. I'd say subscriber growth is whats bringing in the extra dough. Not because D* customer pay more money.

It's no wonder that they had increased churn and low amounts of new subscriber additions. I had to jump through HOOPS just to get a couple of free remotes and I pay annually. I almost left Dish Network for DirecTv after all the hassle. I want to see what Dish Network does for HD and MPEG-4 this year as I am now seriously considering getting HD projector this year and want to see if Dish is really going to go anywhere with HD or if they are just going to continue getting pounced on by DirecTv.

It seems everybody is blaming bad performance this year on housing which is certainly is going to be a big factor in push us into deep recession this year. Let see how dish does during recession.

Ok, the $4.17 billion is profit before depreciation and amortization
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1230946-post2.html
E* is reporting actual net income. E*'s operating profit before depreciation and amortization looks like $2.9 billion. See page 90 of the filing.
http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/DISH/238730147x0xS1140361%2D08%2D4989/1001082/filing.pdf
Need to compare apples to apples.
D*'s 2007 net income $1.451 billion up from 2006 net income of $1.420 billion. DirecTV - Investor Relations - News Release

Above is D*'s net income for 2007 & 2006. As you can see, not a very large increase from 2006.

Here's how I did the number (right or wrong)

2007 Net profit for the year
E* 756 million Correct
D* 4.4 billion Incorrect

Yes D* does not take out A&M but with E* that's only 1.329 billion. not sure Voyager where you add that to the 1.574 billion instead of the 756 million.

D* is reporting an Operating Profit before Depreciation and Amortization or $4.4 billion. Therefore, to make the comparison you need to use the same number from E*. For E*, you would use their Operating Income and then add the Depreciation and Amortization expense back in. E*'s Net Income figure shows allowances for taxes so you would need to add that back in also.

It seems everybody is blaming bad performance this year on housing which is certainly is going to be a big factor in push us into deep recession this year. Let see how dish does during recession.

Wait a minute, the pres said today that we weren't headed into a recession, hmm. Now I'm confussed. Whom should we believe????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)